What do you think about Aviation's current state?

Do you think that Aviation is going uphill or downhill? Where was it? Where will Aviation be in the future?

I think that it depends. As far as innovation goes, Aviation will never go down, and we’re at an all time high. As far as expirience? I think that as Airlines get more money centered, no matter how cool the plane, IFE, etc. passengers will never be satisfied. As far as I’m aware, back in the 50’s - 70’s, there was a magic in flying. Passengers were dumbstruck by the airplane. The airlines actually CARED for their passengers! (I know because I’ve listened to my grandparents stories) (As far as I’m concerned, no one, not even Emirates, probably cares. The owners all just want the money!) So, moving on, I think in the future, Airlines will learn their lessons and actually care for the passengers again. The aircraft will get cheaper, safer, more friendly… to the pilots, passengers, and environment. Safety right now is at an all-time high. I believe it will stay that way until cars leave the ground and idiots not paying attention hit a commercial jet or something. Hopefully that won’t happen for a while though.

What do you think? Are we going down or up? I think we’re going up overall, but aviation is still not its best of days. We’ll see how this all works out.

8 Likes

Yes, I agree. Delta has already started to bring back meals onboard domestic flights for economy passengers, and they increased their snack selection.

5 Likes

Honestly, aviation is bigger and better than before.

8 Likes

I just read that virgin Atlantic sold 31% to Air France-KLM group.

2 Likes

I think after all these incidents in the US airline industry, they will stop, and maybe airlines will have cooler features and stuff but how would I know?

2 Likes

31% of what? Please elaborate

31% of virgin Atlantic as a company.

2 Likes

There are always times aviation gets better or downhill. But the continuation of inventions of new planes, along with improved safety, I’ll say it’s definitely going uphill.

2 Likes

Money makes the world go 'round.

No cooperation really cares about the consumer. All they care about is money, no matter what. Take a big brand like Sony and the PS4. All they want is money. The PS4 takes around $40 to produce, but they sell it at around $400, why, because it makes them money. If they really cared, they would sell it at production value. Money is everything, so it really makes sense. Nothing can be done.

8 Likes

Aviation is at it’s all time high, I agree. I also find that it’s been on a steady climb since it’s inception. One primary issue in my opinion is how aviation and it’s customer base have evolved. I’ll speak of the United States because it’s what I know best. The majority of our population has a very small attention span in many regards. Instant gratification is a way of life. Faster and faster internet, same day delivery. Now you don’t even have to wait in line at McDonalds or Starbucks, you can place your order on your phone, slide it back in your pocket, go straight to the counter and grab your order and be gone. Payment complete. Very little human interaction. Yes it’s super efficient and customers love the convenience, no one can argue with that. I see the human interaction disappearing from many day to day experiences, I’m sure we can agree on that. Experiences such as air travel are making their way to par, but not as quickly. We have check in kiosks to skip the sky caddy or check in counter where applicable. However when it comes to actually transporting oneself from point A to point B we still face the same old potential issues. Things break, pilots get sick, crews run late, dispatchers make mistakes. The population seems very intolerant to even the smallest travel inconvenience. No I’m not stating that everyone as a culture is a jerk when faced with a travel dilemma but there’s a whole new variable these days. People have a global voice now, not just physical word of mouth. Rant coming to an end: People seem to have less of a tolerance for inconvenience, and overall lack some patience. They don’t hesitate to comment and video their discontent, and for whatever reason those sources spread much faster than that of the satisfied customers sharing their experience. Aviation will always be a gift and a privilege in my opinion, it gives us something that we can’t buy anywhere. Time. Aviation will always be going up, but that’s relative to it’s observers.

5 Likes

download
I elaborated on your reply by making a meme to go along with it :)

10 Likes

I think aviation will continue to grow as a quick and safe why to travel, but I think that there are some big changes coming in the near future. We will probably see new technologies like supersonic aircraft and resource changes like oil to electricityl

1 Like

Aviation was much better when Pan am was around, aviation would be better if they were still around, Pan am was the Michael Jackson of Airline’s

1 Like

I disagree with this, when we have the technology for flying cars I would imagine that there would be built in airspace restrictions where you can’t fly over a certain altitude, or near certain airfields. I also think that TCAS will be advanced and required on all aircraft. I also think that stuff like transponders will also be required and at least having to tune into a air traffic control station to fly.

2 Likes

I think is very improbable. The future of cars is self-driving. Autonomous vehicles can be much more efficient on roads than monkeys. Also, if it isn’t in the ground, its underground (hyperloop for example), but definetly not on the Air.

My opinion is that, as long as airlines keep making money, aviation will be amazing. Aviation is better than ever, and will cointinue to be better and better.

2 Likes

I agree with that, I don’t think flying cars will be a probable future form of transportation.

2 Likes

It’s called… staying in business

Yeah you’re right, your chance of dying aboard an aircraft are very high ATM. Oh wait…

They are not less safe than United, or Delta, American, JetBlue, Spirit, Alaska…

Wrong.

Nope. 4000 million passengers per year. Do you know what you are saying?

4 Likes

Yeah I guess I over elaborated a little bit

1 Like

No. You just said things that aren’t true 🙂

Yeah I’m more of a cargo guy (pretty obvious by the name) I was kinda going off of stereotypes

1 Like