What do you tell ATC

I want to go the de-icing pad by the remote gates, but what do i tell them

Do I tell them to pushback, then taxi to parking?

im not spawning there by the way

Yes! I would suggest letting the controller know so you can avoid confusion :)

1 Like

I’ve pm’ed him, going to wait for a response

Controllers are supposed to control. So it’d be pretty unlikely to get a response, depending on the workload. Requesting taxi to parking would be best in this situation.

1 Like

Do this and if they give u a rwy just send one more time if that doesn’t work well wait for the PM

1 Like

This’ll do. People will request taxi to parking all the time if they want to change gates, or, like you said, head to a de-icing pad or remote stand. Just state your intentions as best as you can, and then when you’re done, continue along with your day by requesting a taxi/pushback to the runway.

3 Likes

I’m no expert 🤷🏽‍♂️ But I would give u a pushback with no RWY selection then, tell you to taxi to parking once you request it…I would assume the aircraft is being moved for positioning, maintenance etc…but hey what do I know 🤦🏾‍♂️

2 Likes

Normally I wouldn’t send a runway selection regardless. I would only send a specific runway if traffic was picking up on one runway, but the other runway is empty. If you pushback and request a taxi to parking, most controllers will know what to do.

1 Like

Not everyone thinks through things like u do

1 Like

they are usually reasons why u cant spawn there. You could try using a small plane, select the place u want, than change to the plane u want, than start the flight

1 Like

i honestly see no point in this. itll just annoy the atc

1 Like

Well, the thing is that people like to keep it realistic, and so it makes sense with certain airports like Denver, due to the consistent temperature drop and snow coming in this month. Otherwise it could be stuff like realistic towing for space or to another gate, or realistic emergencies.

1 Like

idk honestly i just think it’s annoying if i were the atc

2 Likes

Hi, here’s what I think:

First of all, you are totally allowed to do this kind of thing, however, the controller may not understand what you want to do, so here is what I would advise.

➩ Option 1: This is not the smartest choice, but if you have change, you will receive a positive response.

After pushback ( or not ), ask directly for a “Taxi to parking” ), once you get the answer, head to a de-icing pad and then ask for Taxi to the runway once that’s done.

➩ Option 2: Contact IFATC via IFC, usually IFATC is online on IFC and Discord to make sure everything is fine and they are not getting this kind of message ( I was contacted once because a plane wanted to land but had a communication problem).

Note: If I had the pilot tell you to taxi to a runway, try to ask again the intention or go through the de-icing, ATC will not be able to say anything if you stop on this kind of way, ( Be careful not to block a taxiway! )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.