What do you look for in a VA?

What qualities do you look for in a VA when considering whether or not to join?
Vote in the Poll below!

The following poll is for VAs based on a real-life airline.

• Realism
  • Route Diversity
  • Fleet Diversity
  • Codeshares
  • Events
  • Frequent Updates (New Features, Fun Things, Etc.)
  • Public Appearance
  • Type of Carrier
  • Other (Please Specify in Comments)

0 voters

For fictional VAs and VOs

• Fleet Realism
  • Route Realism
  • Unique Features and Ideas
  • Similarity to Real-Life Airlines
  • Country in which said VA is based (Please Specify Where in Comments

0 voters

6 Likes

I’m not sure if you’ve seen it already but there was a pretty comprehensive survey done by @KaiM a short while ago on this subject. It could be useful if you are looking for opinions in a few more categories.

https://pdf.webpage.repl.co/VA_Survey_Responses.pdf

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that. I have seen that and have taken that into consideration. I want to conduct a more general survey to gather a general consensus and then I will do a more in depth survey to single it down to a few aspects.

1 Like

I mostly look for people who welcome me and fly , talk, Etc

2 Likes

Besides what I voted for, I also look for kind staff who are active and chat with their pilots a lot. This is because staff usually affect pilots experiences at VAs a lot, and whether it’s positive or negative is important for me IMO. Staff not being so nice was actually a reason for me leaving a VA.
I also look for VAs that use a quality communication system such as Slack or Discord, instead of a forum or IFC PMs. Slack and discord have unique moderation abilities, private channels, and the ability to join via invite only. This is one reason I resigned from a staff position at a VA.

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone for voting! This pol will close in approximately 8 hours. After then I will post a more detailed poll to finalize my results!

3 Likes

Personally, I prefer professionalism inside a VA. Having a good reputation in the community along as within IFATC is important to me.

VA’s who keep a clean house and who are willing to reprehend bad behaviour are for me.

6 Likes

The most important thing I look into VA’s is kindness because some VA’s are rude.

3 Likes

Would you be more inclined to join a VA if they had IFATC members as staff or members?

Just to add when I think about similar to real airlines for a fictional airline. What I’m thinking is they stick to a fleet that would be obtainable by a start up airline meaning you don’t feature a 787-10 with a DC-10. In addition Id also like to make a point to stick with planes from a similar era meaning DC-10s and 787s are both in your fleet. Also when I think of variety I think that A320/777/CRJ 700 is a variety there diffrent size performance build. Also you matian a aspect of realism. That’s my view on it although there’s other ways to interpret the poll. Nice post!

2 Likes

Great idea for a post, and very useful for people who are also keen on starting a VA at some point. I’ll be keen to see what direction you take the next part of the poll, and the results it all brings together.

Great idea, well executed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.