What do you like *specifically* about aviation?

Hey guys, I want to know: What do you like about aviation in general?

3 Likes

Um, how about everything … :)

5 Likes

Mankind’s quest to fly with birds has become a reality and it is becoming more advanced everyday

7 Likes

It is one of mankind greatest achievements, and it is the pinacle of engineering.

1 Like

I just find it crazy how mankind managed to create something that weighs hundreds of tons can fly through the air with 2 engines, a bunch of wires, 2 large wings… I just find everything about an aircraft amazing.

1 Like

Transportation and logistics. The physics undoubtedly being the #1 eye catcher, but the sheer volume of people and things being moved safely from point A to point B these days seem miraculous as well.

3 Likes

The smell. Jet engines just smell… nice when running.

The way it feels.

I like seeing people at airports trying to figure out the aircraft

Goes something like this…

Look son! A a380, it has 4 engines!!!

and im here thinking, thats a a340 ;-;

5 Likes

Even better:

Look son! That aircraft has two propellors! I think that’s an a380!

5 Likes

Ha! Ha! Ha! I always here this when at the aircraft viewing deck in JNB and I think to myself, ‘if only these guys could stop lying to children and women’.

I like the advanced machinery on the aircrafts, ILS is just a miracle.

I hate when they do that! My peers (who don’t care about planes) say is that an AIRBUS 787, (mocking me) or Boeing 826193729

2 Likes

I like the fact that you can fly and the planes 'so propellers

I love how people think helicopters are Cessna

1 Like

Just how these complex, big, powerful, versatile, ton heavy BEAUTIES and GEMS of engineering and human kind have evolved in just 100 years to be what they are now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.