What do you do on cruise altitude?

How do you spend the time between reaching cruise altitude and the TOD?

• Spectating air traffic in current region
  • Looking for familiar users on the map
  • Getting something to eat
  • Making screenshots
  • Checking ATC at destination (if available)
  • Checking community forums
  • Doing homework and forgetting to descend soon enough (this is 100% me)
  • Switching day times
  • Drooling on device
  • Stalking devs’ and InfiniteFlight’s social media for update pictures
  • Looking for you on www.liveflightapp.com
  • Other (comment below!)

0 voters

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

My math teacher would kill me for that. Literally.

3 Likes

I really do plan my approach. I look at the METAR first and if it’s controlled airspace. Then which runways are being used and check the length of the runway. Looking at the traffic inbound for spacing etc. Calculate when to descent etc. I know this is really basic but it’s something :D

I have an angry rant when people fly A380’s into airports that can’t handle them.

14 Likes

Me n you both

1 Like

@discourse what is happening to the polls

1 Like

Are you referring to the -1%? I don’t get how that can be a thing, and have a large proportion of the selection bar with it.

TBH I do everything, All options are for me.

You drool on your device? :/

5 Likes

Dush should see a doctor about all that drooling…

On a more on topic note I do most of them, sometimes several at once. This is why I don’t know my left from my rights (in joke for some ATC guys)

Fun poll though!

1 Like

I’d just go downstairs and be like talking to everyone…, grabbing my food, taking my time… and I’d be like in the end “OH NO MY PLANEEEE AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH”

As I run upstairs, I find out that I passed the runway , and the tower is constantly trying to get reach of contact to me, I once fell straight down on the runway, and as I came back, I noticed it…

1 Like

I don’t spend a lot of time with cruising, in those few minutes I usually check the map and search for familiar users.

I’m never distracted by other stuff (homework, smartphone) while playing IF.

1 Like

Sorry about that. I just deployed a fix. If the math is still wrong, please refresh your browser.

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Woah, who knew that tagging Discourse would automatically call Discourse staff to our forum? ;)

6 Likes

I usually spend my time adjusting my heading to stay on course (wish we had LNAV), admiring the aircraft, or roaming the web

I stalk the devs lol (it’s a joke I don’t actually stalk them)

I ate 157 cheez its on my flight today from LAX to SAN. I don’t think I’m eating any dinner.

3 Likes

Same here and those people are just trying to show off