What do you do during long hauls?

Hey Pilots/ATC, I usually start my long/ultra Haul in night and that usually ends at next day Afternoon or evening!

I start ascent and and do step climbs, after a while I go for sleep and wake up in the morning and check how much more ETE Is left, so I usually check the beautiful landscapes outta there and spend time.

When time for the approach, I calculate the speed at desired altitude should be, and reduce it accordingly!

And the final step, approaching the runway,landing, and taxing to parking. That’s it what I do for my long hauls.

Have safe landing everyone!

6 Likes

Sleepβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž

I usually sleep.

8 Likes

@PilotChrisSG Haha πŸ˜‚ i do the same, as I start it in the night!

1 Like

There’s been multiple topics on this already πŸ™‚

@TylerShah never noticed one, so thought to createπŸ™‚

@ShaneAviation He is asking suggestions, my topic just says my opinion on what I doπŸ™‚, and what do you guys do during that?

Could be they were asking questions on what to do

Anyways had a 16 hr flight 3am-730pm. (Times are correct). I slept, attended class, homework , you tube, IFC, more you tube, instagram, more IFC, more study, Facebook, more IFC, walk, ate, more sleep, then landed.

1 Like

My mistake, I misinterpreted the conversation. I tend to roam around VA slacks and sometimes I edit up footage and make timelapses while at cruise, maybe some YouTube, and even just planning for my next place to control since I love giving myself a challenge when it comes to controlling radar on the expert server.

1 Like

Because im online for school, 😞 unfortunately, I can to ultra long haul flights where I start right before I got to bed, wake up, do a bit of step climbing, periodically on breaks from classes I check in and after school I land

1 Like

I don’t event do long hauls nowadays due to schools, but sometime to doing it on weekends. Hope to see you in the skies!

2 Likes

One time I started a flight way too early and I was so lucky that I managed to land during lunch in a bust ATC airport

I did have a priority landing because I called in low fuel

Typically I sleep during long hauls. But sometimes I would just roam around in free cam, or take some neat screenshots of my plane.

1 Like

I usually take some snaps after the flight, going into the replay and my priority is always to grab a moon shot. I am only a bit experienced in it but get some good shots too!

1 Like

I always do long hauls during my online classes. So I don’t get bored and quit my flight lol…

2 Likes

Yeah I do sometimes short haul in an active airport at expert server and enjoy heavy traffics during my online classes

I generally do one thing.

Sleep.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I start my flight in night! To land the next day

1 Like

do life things lol

1 Like

usually sleep and hope i wake up 30 minutes before descending which surprisingly i do haha

2 Likes