What do you do during long haul flights?

What do you lot do during long flight? I’ve found myself bored and need some new ideas. Anyone got any?

1 Like

Living my normal life… 😅 Sleeping or going to work usually

4 Likes

Try doing long hauls during the hours when you are busy, or when you are sleeping. I never do long hauls unless it’s either of those situations

6 Likes

normally I read a book or call someone for a talk

3 Likes

I always take long flights when I go to sleep, I calculate the time I’m going to land so I can wake up 40 minutes earlier, or, if I take flights lasting 10h - 15h, I watch it via LiveFlight on the computer.

3 Likes

It depends on the day, I normally have to work so I leave my phone once the plane is established on cruise altitude, as all of us I also calculate the time to get home at least 30 minutes before I land or descend.

If you are talking about overnight long hauls I usually sleep or spend some hours watching Netflix or YouTube!

2 Likes

I would watch different movies and play on my console

2 Likes

I usually take my long-haul flights before going to sleep, so that when I wake up, I’m likely close to reaching my destination. However, something different happens when I take ultra-long-distance flights; even if I take them before sleeping, when I wake up, there’s still a long way to go. I always schedule these flights when I don’t have to leave home, as I typically fly on a smartphone, not on a tablet or iPad. So, I usually spend my time watching YouTube videos, listening to music, learning new things, or talking to my family while I reach my destination.

Although when I started taking long-distance flights in Infinite Flight, things were different, honestly, I just end up watching the entire flight until I reach the destination. Once, I watched the entire flight from Dubai to Miami. Yes, staring at a screen for over 15 hours. For some, it might be boring, but back then, I found it enjoyable to witness the entire course of my flight and, even if virtually from a phone, to see the greatness of the continents and/or countries I was passing while completing my route.

3 Likes

I love these type of threads.

I usually just stare at the screen for 16 hours straight, in darkness, on my own.

3 Likes

I do long haul flights at 3 points of the day either late at night so I can sleep, right in the morning then go about my day or around 2-4pm for realistic west coast flights to Europe and Atlantic crossing so I land around 11 to midnight my time. So yeah when ever I do long haul flights it’s usually when I’m sleeping or got stuff during the day or going to something in the after noon. It’s always a treat taking off right before something then coming back to a plane ready to desend and land!

2 Likes

I look at new flight plans that I could possibly do later and save them for later, otherwise I watch a film while watching the flight if everything goes well. Because there can be turbulence at times and sometimes you have to take manual controls again 🤗

2 Likes

I get my laptop out and play IF and usually replicate my flight

1 Like

Homework, going to school, anything.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.