What do you do during a long haul flight?

Hello IFC
This is where You can post your tips on what to do during a long haul flight.

Happy landings!

13 Likes

Just keep AP on at a constant speed and you should be fine.

1 Like

Do whatever you want. If it’s such a long flight, do stepclimbs!

16 Likes

Set an alarm for yourself when you’ll be 180 NM from destination. You should be watching him your screen then during descent and then you can contact approach.

5 Likes

Go to sleep and dream about geckos that sell you car insurance.

146 Likes

It would have been nice if we could still perform ATC while the plane was on long hauls

10 Likes

What if the AP screws up?

6 Likes

It won’t as long as you set it correctly and put nav on

3 Likes

It’ll only screw up if someone touches it.

If you leave your device to fly, I suggest you go do something else, like watching TV or exploring the wonderful outdoors.

27 Likes

Most enraging thing: 11 hours into a LH flight, goes too bathroom, comes back: Crashed

14 Likes

There’s multiple reasons for a crash.

• Overheat
  • Other apps open
  • Older device
5 Likes

I’m not sure what device you’re on, but on my iPhone 6S here’s what I do.

1. Make sure I clear any existing notifications (like snapchats)
  2. Restart the device
  3. Clear RAM (on iPhone hold the power until the slider appears then hold home button for 5 seconds)
  4. Takeoff, make adjustments, watch screen until your cruise altitude
  5. Adjust trim to save fuel
  6. Look at ETE Dest. Set a timer for 25-30 minutes before that
  7. Do whatever you need to do. Leave device on minimal graphics, brightness, and enable in-flight low power mode (found in ‘general’ in the game menu). Set interface timeout to 5 seconds, put in scenic camera to prevent burn in.
  8. Come back when timer goes off
  9. Start your descent. Stay relatively close to device.
  10. Once your plane hits around FL150 stay with it and bring it into a landing.
16 Likes

Here’s some tips:

1. Wrap Christmas presents, but with superglue 🎁
  2. Get a red B.B. gun only to have your mom say “you’ll shoot your eye out” (someone better know where this is from)
  3. Have a snowball fight, but with Christmas tree ornaments
  4. Go outside and lick a lamppost (I heard it works best when it’s below freezing!)
  5. Drink lots and lots of eggnog until you pass out and your plane overshoots the airport
54 Likes

Stalk Laura’s twitter and instagram to be the first to post a CRJ livery and get the “Great Reply” badge.

44 Likes

Stalking is creepy! Just saying.

31 Likes

Stalk might not be the word. How about, “constantly watch”?

25 Likes

My only advice is to not oversleep your alarm and wake up 1.5 hours past your destination 😡

18 Likes
  • If you are heavy on fuel, go to FL300-FL330 and then step climb to a higher altitude

• Don’t go too fast, be realistic, stick to M0.80-0.83

As this is your first long haul, you’ll need some advice for what to do with your device

• Remember to restart your device before and after long hauls so they’re not laggy

• Are you doing this during the night because if you are then you should let the battery go to about 10% before the flight and then charge it while you’re flying but make sure you don’t charge it too fast.

• Again if you’re doing this over night, then make sure that you wake up in time for landing. This is just how I do things but if the flight is 9-11 hours long then I takeoff as late as I can so I don’t have to wake up at 5 in the morning to land

• If you do these things then you should be able to wake up and see that your device is running well and you’re near your destination!

Happy landings!
@ZZBossGaming

12 Likes

One of my favourite movies to watch during the holidays!
“Oooooooooohhhhhhhh fuuuuuddddddddggggggeee… except it didn’t come out that way”

5 Likes

“He had yellow eyes. YELLOW EYES. So help me God Yellow eyes!”

3 Likes