What do people do while flying

I’m sure this is the same for everyone else but whenever I do a flight less than 2 hours I find it really hard to find something to do while waiting for TOD. Anyone feel the same way?

8 Likes

I just do other things like studying, playing on the computer, etc. I also do overnight flight so I land when I wake up or I plan a flight for when I know I have to do something, like go somewhere. I never stay there watching the screen, just every now and then to see when I have to start descending

6 Likes

I typically go outside and water my Japanese rock garden that I stole from my old neighbor. They still haven’t noticed.

39 Likes

This time I’m reading a crap ton of posts on here. Most of the time I’m answering work emails.

2 Likes

i usually sit and wait during a 30-45 minute flight. but if it’s a longer one i’ll go and get some stuff done, eat, go outside, etc. just the usual stuff. but i try and take my device just in case arc contacts me.

3 Likes

Yes that’s exactly what I do, I always feel like my planes gonna fall out of the sky at anytime

2 Likes

I just go into coma

6 Likes

I try to get as much constructive stuff as possible done

…or bother @DeerCrusher

3 Likes

Besides that I tend to touch some grass in the garden too. It’s honestly some of the most awful and tiring thing I’ve ever been advised to do, but I suppose it can’t be that bad, can it?

5 Likes

I just listen to music or watch videos! Alternatively, you can do something more productive such as homework. Also, don’t worry about your plane falling from the sky, if your A/P is on and you’re cruising at an appropriate speed and altitude you’ll be fine. There’s also no need to worry about ATC because after a couple minutes of not touching your device, you will go into the “away” status and ATC will politely ignore you until you come back. If you do receive a violation when in the “away” status, just appeal it and it will most likely get revoked.

1 Like

I do not touch grass because 90% of the time I’m at cruise,I play rhythm games 😃

3 Likes

My most recent one is mow the lawn while it Flys, though I got hfwy before I had to land be due to small free areas n stuff

1 Like

Not touching grass because you’re stuck blasting the soundtrack from 君の名は should be an acceptable reason to never go outside as well.

3 Likes

ATC shouldn’t on guard you if they see you’re away

2 Likes

It’s a good movie, don’t lie

2 Likes

I normally just play a bunch of games, do schoolwork, sleep, but I make sure not to do it to long because today I was doing a flight from KTPA-KLGA and I wasn’t watching and I missed the TOD by a good 5 minutes 😂😂😭

1 Like

It’s been my profile banner for basically forever now for a good reason.

2 Likes

Doing stuff outside is overrated

1 Like

It’s also the exact same background zenzenzense uses in osu
It gave me ptsd.

1 Like

If it’s short, I browse on my phone while flying on my iPad in front of me

If it’s long, I just go about my day and check on it periodically.

1 Like