What do I do during turbulence

Hello I don’t know what category to put it in but I was wondering when I encounter winds at a high altitude (I of course turn on seatbelts), but what happens if the winds don’t wanna leave and the minutes are already at like 30 min

3 Likes

Nothing. Turbulance is random.

6 Likes

You can try changing the cruising altitude. For example from FL360 to FL340.

4 Likes

And if there is still high winds?

Do I keep seatbelts on

But then it can last a long time

Either change the altitude or ignore it and keep the seatbelt sign on. Nothing much to do.

Keep the seatbelt sign of course. The winds should get better in some time.

1 Like

What happens if the “passengers” have to keep it on for hours

1 Like

Turbulence isnt too much to worry about in IF. Sometimes it helps to change altitude. I’ve just flown over the Pacific Ocean from Xiamen (China) to Vancouver (Canada) starting with 64knts pushing me, to 17 knots crosswind. Unless your aircraft is rocking up and down like crazy, turn off AP, take control of the aircraft at a slower speed, and when you put the AP back on, keep at a slower speed until it stops rocking completely. This only regularly occurs on the A320 family.

2 Likes

Then they have to deal with it, I took a real flight from London to Vancouver and for around 6-7 hours we had nothing but turbulence during the 9 hour flight. We were following another aircraft along with strong winds.

2 Likes

It happened to me a month ago when I was flying from Vienna to Bergen in real life. We were experiencing strong turbulences almost during the whole flight (the seatbelt sign was on during the whole 2:45h flight). We descended from FL360 to FL340 but it didn’t help, still turbulences.

4 Likes

My 9 hour flight was ruined we literally weren’t served food and drinks for around 2 hours after the front, we were at the back (Air Transat A330-243). Literally every time they got near us the seatbelt signs went on and the turbulence got fairly bad. I was hungry.

2 Likes

Well if your talking on IF Id change altitude. If your on board during turbulence open that window and watch that wing flex… Most cases the a turbulence it handled well within the aircraft peramiters.

Try and perform ‘Step Climb’. This is useful for long haul and occasions as you stated.

Check out this post made by Deer Crusher, explaining Step Climb in detail:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/a-guide-to-step-climbing/155592?u=jack_bc

Thanks @Ecoops123 and @Jakub_Astary and the rest for experiences (that helped me) plus @Jack_BC for the link

4 Likes

We are here to help :)

1 Like

We are… unless mods and staff remove your comments ☻

1 Like

I recommend you to extend the trim if there are a lot of wind or change your flight plan to deviate from the winds :)

1 Like

BRACE and hope you’ll live

2 Likes

Are you pilot IRL? How do you know the plane which is in front of you.

2 Likes