What could I make wrong on Advanced Server?

As you guys probably heard, the Advanced Server has been opened for users with > / = 10k XP.
I don’t have any Advanced Server Experience at all as I’ve got my first live subscription back in October 2015, but I have about 24k XP.

Now, my question:
What do I have to keep in mind / what do I have to observe in order not to be ghosted or to affect other peoples’ flights?

I am asking this because I have NEVER been on the advanced server and I don’t want to end up ghosted before takeoff. I am an experienced pilot, I definitely have over 150 flight hours already, but just to make sure.
Thanks for your help! :)

2 Likes

Follow all instructions and do not taxi/fly too fast.

1 Like

Top Tips:

• Follow the controllers rules.
  • Make sure you have a thorough knowledge of how to operate in the air and on the ground.
  • If it’s busy only use important commands.
  • Don’t be a nimrod. People will report you if you do.
  • Have fun! It may seem harsh, but it’s really not! There is so much realism to be found and you sometimes discover new airports, thanks to the ATC.
3 Likes

Follow all instructions. That’s the main thing, also request takeoff appropriately. If you want to do pattern work, just request takeoff in a pattern. Usually Advanced ATC don’t ghost straight away, they ask you to follow instructions a couple of times, and if you don’t follow that, you’re ghosted. Adv. ATC usually ban first up when someone has a bad callsign, or either they are being peanuts. I know this because I got promoted to Advanced ATC recently. I just ghosted my first one today.

1 Like

We do not care about this and do not ghost if we see something like this as it is already punishable by violations, but it’s always nice to see people flying at correct speeds on final and anywhere else in the air or on the ground.

If you fly/taxi too fast, you get a violation. And just two of them can get you suspended from advanced for 24 hours.

Allright, I understand.
Easier than I thought. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Some of my top tips are to follow all of our instructions, it may seem very stupid but just do it and you will not get ghosted. Please do not cut in line etc, basic things. If you do by any chance get ghosted we always have controllers (and the controller involved) who can explain why and if it was a misunderstanding solve it by another way ;)

Just remember, if you have an issue, contact an Advanced ATC, preferably Tyler if it’s a really important issue.

3 Likes

I just ghosted my first one today, first time I got to play the Ghost Busters song. LOL

3 Likes

Always contact the involved controller. Always.

If he/she is not available for contacting you should make contact with Tyler Shelton, the manager of IFATC.

1 Like

I know that, that’s only for conflict but if he is rather curious about something, he can always ask ;)

1 Like

We always try and stick to one region. Today London was packed, and we all did well. I was on London City for 2 hours.

Yeah, flying at 800 kts makes the App ATC upset… Sometimes…

2 Likes

Unless they’re effecting other aircraft and/or are below FL100, that would probably not result in a ghosting. Although it is inappropriate for advanced. I see what you mean:)

Not only sometimes, but always, and certainly when they don’t follow instructions, switch to tower and still at FL300 800kts

Don’t call inbound at 10,000ft and 400kts

2 Likes

You’ve joines this forum and asked the question; good on you! Browse this forum and find many good tips and info.

My addition to all the good stuff above: NEVER enter or cross a runway without permission. It’s likely that you will get ghosted instantly if you do.

1 Like

With Flaps 30 ofc ;)

2 Likes

always make a flight plan before you fly

3 Likes