What constitutes a landing count?

Hey guys!

I noticed when landing IF sometimes doesn’t count my landing thus, the landing count staying the same after landing.
I wonder if my flight was too short? I flew from CYPK (Pitt Meadows) to CVYR (Vancouver Intl.)

So I wonder if 1. Do you have to notify the unicom(I’m still grade 1) of takeoff/landing 2. Does your flight have to be above a certain length 3. Does your flight have to go above a certain altitude? 4. How long do you have to stay on the runway? 5. Can you move clear out of the runway and start taxing to a gate? For it to be counted as a landing?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

The current landing criteria is the following;

• No landing (touchdown of wheels) in the last 30 seconds
  • Touchdown has to be on a runway for a few seconds
  • At least one main gear (not one wheel) touching the ground
  • Ground speed must be above 10kts

Additionally, you can check if your landing has been recorded in-flight through selecting the “Landings” tab in the bottom section of Infinite Flight.

If you follow all that jazz, you should have a landing recorded in the books!

16 Likes

No, you don’t.

No, it doesn’t.

No you dont.

It doesn’t matter as long as there’s 30 seconds between landings.

Why wouldn’t it be counted?

1 Like

In addition to @Luke_M’s great reply, I’d like to point out that landings on solo will not be counted. You’re probably talking about live already, but a lot of people get tripped up on this criteria, so I wanted to double check.

Hope you get it resolved!

4 Likes

Just imagine people abusing the Short Final feature.

3 Likes

A landing is counted when you touch the runway with one of the main landing gear wheels more than 30 seconds later than the last time you touched the runway, might have to gain a little altitude between those. I guess this could be used to gain landing count quickly but what’s the fun in that?..

1 Like

To add to the points mentioned before you might also want to make sure that you touched down on the usable part of the runway between the treasholds. It happens that you toch down early especially on runways with hugh displaced treasholds or long blaspads.

3 Likes

A big thanks everyone who cleared it up for me. Hope all of you have an awesome day!

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter where on the runway as far as I have experienced

1 Like

Sometimes it takes a while after for it to register, it depends. Follow what everyone else has said, but please don’t just use it to ‘bang out’ and get loads of landings just to move up grades, this doesn’t make you a better pilot, which is what it’s all about! (by all means do some nice touch and goes, just don’t go overboard)

Hi for me every time i touch down on the runway it counts as a landing, but i’m pretty sure you have to end the flight for it to count, and you can have more than 1 landing in each flight, if you land on grass (touch down) it doesn’t count, hope this helps

So you have not that much experience…😂
Yoke aside: it doesn’t matter wher on thE runway, it matters what the runway is. And that is the part between the thresholds and the edgelines. And nothing else that belongs to the runway system like shoulder, blastpads, overruns, displaced threshold area, etc.
Ah, and don’t mic threshold and touchdown point. 😉

1 Like

Land on the pavement, 30 second gap between touch and goes, and main gear touch the ground. Heck, you could bounce the landing and it’ll still count. Go to your tool bar at the bottom of your screen and select the landings display tool to watch the landings increase. This will prove the criteria I provided above.