What career to do with aviation should I uptake?

well yes. i was just stating it as an aviation related job

2 Likes

I was referring to the OP.

1 Like

Haha yeah I will do as much research as possible with these type of jobs, I just need to keep my options open so I don’t miss any career opportunities I think.

1 Like

Woah seems interesting but complex

GCSEs are more about memory than actual knowledge of a subject, so I wouldn’t let them pull you down too much. When I did mine last year I learnt 80% of the content the day before the exam and ended up with grades 6-9, but if you start revising early you can certainly get higher grades. It is really worth the effort if you can do it, as you will find it much easier to get into more technical roles in aviation if you are able to do A Levels.

There are no strict requirements for being a pilot in the UK (other than training of course) and you can definitely become one with 5 GCSEs, so why not aim for the top! Airports also offer more jobs than you can imagine so you will be in luck somewhere.

2 Likes

Its actually quite easy. You plan routes for the aircraft, and make calculations for fuel, contact aircraft, etc.

1 Like

Ah intresting, I research more tomorrow as it’s late aha

2 Likes

Another suggestion is go into military aviation. I am in the air cadets and I’m able to go flying regularly (for free!), it also looks attractive to employers in every field, not just aviation. But most importantly it really helps if you want to join the RAF, which has hundreds of roles and you only need A Levels/a degree if you want to be an officer.

2 Likes

You do have a long time. Just aim high and then you can do whatever you want

1 Like

How about something in airport management? That’s a really changing and interesting environment and you can even interact with passengers. There’s a lot of decisions to be made in that area.

1 Like

In all honesty, being a flight attendant sounds really fun, I would defiantly look into it, there’s some awesome benefits and opportunities.

1 Like

Sound like me, when you say professional what do you mean? As a pilot, as a dispatcher, as a sales person, as Supply professional? The aviation has a ton of careers in it.

I am currently attending University to work for Bell helicopters, they won’t even look at me with out a college degree so when you get to that level make sure you’re on top of your stuff.

1 Like

Some of the jobs I’ve been interested in over the years are:
Dispatch
Aerospace engineering (at both airlines and aircraft manufacturers)
Aerospace researcher
ATC
Airline Operations Executive
Charter Pilot
Cargo Pilot

Unfortunately “Passenger” pilot is not something I’d like to do as it can be a really rough job, and often times not reward well.

You should really have an open mind going into your future. It’s really good to have a profession that you want to pursue, and many people going into college don’t, which would give you an edge in your education. I’ve found that my idea of an ideal profession had always changed around as I got older. Live your life to the fullest, pursue your passions, and let your developing interests take you into the future.

2 Likes

You might not realise it right now but these are meaningless unless you want to go to the best of the best university, sets are pointless. The only benefit to the triple science is an extra GCSE. I personally wasn’t in either and it won’t affect you at all. You could pass all your subjects with a C grade and still have the same opportunities.

Focus on getting a C grade and passing all of your subjects then work from there. If you don’t want to be a pilot or ATC then you can get a job in aviation with little to no qualifications. If you want to be a pilot however then you should look at what’s needed. No need to feel down though about it all. You are still young yet :)

2 Likes

I say,

Go for it. If you find you want to be a pilot, do it. If you want to be ATC, do it. If you want to be flight attendant…

Do it!

Whatever you want to achieve, you must try your very best at it. Maybe you’re not all that strong, not all that popular, not all that smart. Maybe you didn’t pass that test.

But, you know what you don’t need to accomplish your dreams? Perfection. Perfection is the slayer of dreams. The killer of motivation. Striving to become perfect in every area of your life will destroy you.

Of course, strive for the best. Try to be who you want to be. But, don’t stress and overwork yourself over it.

The question isn’t who’s going to let you. The question is, who’s going to stop you?

Go for your ambitions. Don’t let anyone or anything stop you.

I leave you with this video :)

3 Likes

Hi there,

I was in the same situation as you. Im 18 and in my second year of college studying aviation operations in the form of a BTEC level 3 extended diploma. Theres many reasons why i chose this course, the main one being that i always had an interest in aviation at a young age and this course was the only one which suited me. However this was the only aviation operations course near me (I still have to take a train to get there and back). There were other options however they were limited to travel and tourism, aerospace engineering and cabin crew courses. Another reason as to why i picked this course was because of how easy it was to get in. This is due to it being a BTEC course rather than A-levels and i only need the bare minimum of Passes in 5 subjects compared to some a levels which only allow specific grades or higher.

I have now also just applied at 4 Universities to continue my studies in aviation as well as expanding into airport management. From there i hope to start a career in management at an airline/airport. The only reason i am telling you this is so you understand that having low grades should never be an excuse for not following your ambitions. I got the bare minimum passes required to get into the college course and here i am already applying for universities. I highly recommend you looking at colleges nearby to see whether they run any aviation related courses and start applying for them. Since the start of the course i have gained so much information that i never knew about. It has also showed me how huge aviation actually and the thousands of different and unique jobs it has to offer.

Find out which colleges offer aviaton courses and apply. You will begin to find the aviation career you are genuinely interested in and it may honestly be something you never even heard of to begin with.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions then let me know. I’ll be happy to answer them.

Hamza

3 Likes

I want to become an ATC, irl and In game, and that doesn’t even require a degree! But it would be good if you had one. It has been my long passion to become one and control the skies! It has always intrigued me how advanced the process is. If that doesn’t work out I’m planning on becoming a pilot. I plan on going to Embry Riddle or Texas A&M as my top two. Don’t let grades allow what you do!!

1 Like

This all depends on YOU Not other it’s your life, so if you want to be an Air Traffic Controller do it. Anything is possible are brain just think it’s not.

Have a plan. Then achieve it. You only live Once

1 Like

Just something more to do with the comercial side of aviation aha

Thank you and I do have a question, Is this BTEC necessary for all aviation careers or is it only necessary for mannagment type jobs at airports etc. ?

1 Like