What career to do with aviation should I uptake?

So I’m aged 14, in year 10, living in the UK and I’ve really been wondering what I want to be when I’m older, I love aviation and I really would want a career in some aviation related stuff prefibly comercial but I’m not sure what’s best for me, I acheive pretty low grades and I’m neither in triple science or top set maths and I feel quite useless without any real ambitions, got any suggestions on careers I could do?

And yeah, I know a lot of the education part of this is confusing for people that haven’t grown up in the UK lol

9 Likes

What do you enjoy in aviation?

1 Like

I’m not sure, i just love the atmosphere of aircraft and airports mainly.

5 Likes

I’m also 14, and recently been wondering the same. I’ll pm you to discuss some options ive come up with…

3 Likes

Ok sure that would be great!

Aircraft dispatcher, airline Ramper, mechanic, pilot, flight attendant, there’s a lot of jobs in aviation

2 Likes

I undertsand but I get typically low grades so yeah.

You don’t need an education to be a Ramper or really a pilot. Idk what type of schooling in the UK but at the regionals here in the US you don’t need a college education for a lot of them. However some majors do require a college degree

3 Likes

Oh I’ll look into it, thank you for the advice!

1 Like

@JOSH_Byrne hi mate! I’m 17, I was once like you. Not in triple science and in set 4 maths. At that time I knew I wanted to be a pilot however, I thought I wouldn’t make it. People say GCSEs are the foundation but in reality they aren’t. There are unis that do pilot degrees for D grades and up in a level. Don’t worry you will make it

1 Like

Yeh. And for GCSEs you need 5s or above

No not really mate. I got a 4 in maths and 4/5 in science so I’m all good.

I’m set 4 as well, thanks for your kind words it means a lot to know someone was in my footsteps with the same situation once. Thanks man.

2 Likes

for Harris anyways

I’m going for pilot with American Airlines after Air Force

2 Likes

Cool, good luck!

2 Likes

It won’t be easy but it will be possible. Just keep working hard

1 Like

I might be biased, but pilot :)

2 Likes

Baggage handler, Information Desk personal, check-in personal, there are many jobs within the airport facility that you ca work with. I don’t know about what educational background they require you to have in the UK, but I’m sure if you do some research, you’ll surely find something fun. If you are interested in Service-minded work, which basically is the biggest and main aspect of working with transportation and in this case, planes and in an airport/airspace, then there are endless choices and opportunities no matter where you are in the world and no matter your grades and all.

I’ll say, you’re 14, you are still very young, I’m turning 19 soon, I for a few months ago, I thought, hey, what’s the purpose of even studying is all good high level/class educational programs and studies are for those who do well in elementary and high school. My grades don’t match up to those at prestigious universities… I honestly cheated my way through 3 years of maths, thanks to my friend, we all basically cheated, but we all, me and my friends, now with our high school (Secondary School, Year 11 in the UK, equivalent) graduation coming up soon, we all know where to go; with some to university, others will take a break, and the rest might start working with something before find a new path in their life. That isn’t to say you should cheat on exams, but that as times goes on, and you find alternative ways to pass hardships, in the end, you’ll know what you want to do in the future.

So focus on school as much as possible, the extra bit of learning, better results on exams and understanding what the school is teaching you, will boost your knowledge, your educational background, yourself, and it may be the little push in the right direction for you to find the job you want to have in the future :)

4 Likes

This is actually a job you do not need a College Degree for. And you can make up to 120 thousand dollars (United States) a year.

3 Likes