What can Brown do for you?.... some facts

Hello IFC,
Recently I started working for UPS. I currently work on the Airbus A300F. Since this airplane isn’t that well known I thought I’d share some information and a few pictures of what it looks like! So enjoy!

The Airbus A300F has an overall length of 177.5 feet. It’s cabin length is 133ft 6 in. The fuselage is 18 feet even. It’s wingspan is 147 feet 1 in. It’s maximum range is 4,000 nautical miles and can fit 21 cans of cargo in its main upper deck. It’s maximum cargo weight is between 105,900 pounds and 120,200 pounds.

The Airbus A300F takes about 25 minutes to unload fully loaded and about 30 minutes to load fully.

As always ask questions or comment below and I’ll do my best to answer them!

20 Likes

now that is awesome!

Question for you: Why is my Amazon Package Late?

4 Likes

That’s actually really cool! What do you work as? Pilot, Mechanic, etc.

That I have no control over 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m a ramp agent

1 Like

Any cockpit shots 👀

None yet unfortunately

1 Like

Keep posting topics like this. I like learning about this.

Maybe you could create a spotting topic from the ramp sometime.

I’ve always been quite fond of the a300. Many people don’t appreciate it but it’s success is really the only reason Airbus is in existence.

1 Like

I will definitely keep posting these! When I work the 757 I’ll do one on it

1 Like

People don’t realize how big it is! It is an absolutely massive airplane

1 Like

First twin engine jet allowed to cross the Atlantic!😁 Definitely a special one!

1 Like

I’ll be moving over to the ramp at DFW probably after peak season :)

1 Like

imo the a300 was the best airbus plane ever made :) very cool pictures btw

1 Like

Nice! Peak is just starting! We have 4 departures and arrivals today

Yo fellow ups ramp agent here. I mainly work on the 767s but I have done MD11s and A300s. I just started a month ago but yea. A300s are a pain to load because it slopes up at the back of the plane, but this job is fun. You will love it

1 Like

Honestly like both the 57 and A300. I’ve been doing it for a week and already love it

I’m very interested in the cargo loading aspect it seems but is there anything different that you have to do different when loading an A300 from a 757?

1 Like

Not really no. That will come in a later post

1 Like