What are your top scariest approaches / landings on the expert server?

Hello Infinite Flight community, so I am just curious over your time on the expert server what are your top 5 scariest approaches and or Landings you’ve ever had to make and did it warrant a violation?

Feel free to be as detailed as you like.

(Note to Moderators: If this is a duplicate please Close and unlist this topic)

Remarks:

You may pick up to five approaches and 5 landings, please be sure to use proper separation for easier reading.

Thanks for reading and participating!!

5 Likes

the hardest landings are when you land oversized planes at small airports, like a 747 at Lukla

4 Likes

thats basically impossible but like a 747 at Paro is possible

2 Likes

One of my intimidating landings was at CYVR after a 5 hour flight from CYYZ in the 777-300ER. The winds were gusting close to 40kts from a 45 degree angle. Probably popped a few tires on touch down ahaha.

1 Like

So far my all time scariest Landing was under FireCrackers Air Traffic Control command at Seattle today I was on Runway 16R and was issued a go around due to a slow aircraft exiting the runway when I executed the go around I made a tight pattern and ended up entering for landing coming at a side angle to the Runway resulting in me having to make a sharp right turn directly over the runway in order to safely Save The Landing luckily there was no other traffic for that Runway so it did not result in a violation

#ThanksFireCracker-IFATC

Direct Tag: @FireCracker

Tagged since he’s directly mentioned.

During pattern Full Stop

1 Like

Ahaha yea I thought you were putting on an airshow for a sec there!

3 Likes

It was definitely terrifying! I was wondering what other Pilots were thinking LOL

1 Like

Most likely the same thing I was! haha

2 Likes

Landing the 777-200LR at VILH with @Noodle_Duck & @sanketpandia and landing the A321 at VQPR & LOWI

2 Likes

Can B77W even land at Leh? Ik the rwy is long but its at very high altitude too @RadarVectors_Mumbai

1 Like

I took the 77L not 77W and rest had the 747-400

1 Like

Same thing

1 Like

A321 at LESU. Ran out of fuel so I had to divert there. It was not fun.

1 Like

Sounds terrifying 😳

😂💣 wanna go again?

1 Like

Wasn’t that scary but just recently trying to land in 300m visibility into SEQM runway 36 without ILS in a KLM 77W… came in too high twice before making it

3 Likes

OPGT / Gilgit with a 777

Ideally you should have diverted😂😂 300m without ILS is a no no 😅

Paro ofc
Tivat on the circle to land
Innsbruck kind of

I landed at a busy EGLL on expert server. So confusing layout and 3000000000 inbounds.

(was still a grade 3 and didn’t joined the community
)

1 Like