What are your thoughts on the XCUB?

I am getting so antsy. I can imagine flying cross country.

2 Likes

It will come when i decide 😈

But seriously we have no idea when its coming and only coming when the aircraft is 100% ready and bug free!

1 Like

This man holds the world in balance…😂😂😂

1 Like

I’m the next president 🏃‍♂️💨

Here to always try brighten up the place! And help in a nice way lol!

Sliding into my dm’s Is where it’s at 🤧😂

Anyway this is xcub…😂

My reply agreeing with this got flagged so this will too, not going to edit it so

So… never =(

2 Likes

Yeah i remember when all the hype had it coming out on that Monday after flight sim expo. No I’m worried it won’t be out until July when my subscription goes bye bye

1 Like

Well we all know what they mean by coming soon. I hope it comes sooner than we all expect it.

1 Like

Well we all expected it to be out right now but sigh…

1 Like

I’ll sit in my corner and sigh with you guys too. Maybe one day I’ll stop sighing when the world has a little more patience. 😝

11 Likes

Ehhh. I don’t really want the XCub. I think the XCub is more of a bush plane than anything, but in order to fully enjoy a bush plane in a simulator, there should be scenery that has to be much higher resolution than it is now. However, I do understand that an update for the quality of the current scenery is definitely not coming any time soon. Generally, I think that the A350 should be the center of effort and devotion not as much the XCub. I simply think that the A350 just has more potential than an XCub and would get used more. I guess an XCub would be nice, but now is not the time.

1 Like

Look at it this way. You get to land, visit, and explore more airports with the XCub that you ever could with the A350. Can’t really compare the A350 and the XCub as they’re completely different. Me personally, I like to explore and visit new places instead of flying the same routes over and over. That in itself gets boring real quick. 😊But… to each their own opinion. There’s always time for more GA and less airliners. Look at the aircraft line up we currently have. Outnumbered by a large margin.

20 Likes

The X Cub is a great back country/bush aircraft the Super Cub has been used in the Bush for years.
I completely agree, I think the scenery does need an upgrade in several places, Alaska, South America (Which is coming with in the year or maybe next year)

Think the Cub is done, people were flying it at Orlando and at the London Heathrow meet up, there maybe a few small things or large things that are finishing up while the A350 is being built and they’re focusing on it as they have shown

1 Like

Yea, I totally understand that side of aviation. That’s why I love the TBM. I recently did some island hopping in Hawaii, and that was pretty fun. I would probably prefer the TBM over an XCub, so I think that the XCub should be more of a back burner project.

3 Likes

Oh ok well now that it’s essentially out, I guess I wouldn’t mind as much. As long as it comes out before my subscription ends in early July😂

1 Like

Given at how close it is to being completed, I dont think you or others for that matter want it put off any longer than it should. The team of developers working on the A350 are still in the process of modeling the aircraft. Meaning the flight physics haven’t been started on yet. The developers that work on the modeling of the aircraft are different from those who work on the flight physics.

Think of it like an assembly line for a vehicle. The frame is first put together then the pretty things such as the interior and then the engine to make it run. Its then taken on a test drive (beta testing) before its then released to the market for folks all over the globe to enjoy.

11 Likes

Lol now I’m not excited about XCub, but more the TBM.

3 Likes

I can’t wait

@Balloonchaser, did I see you in an unknown plane? Perhaps the XCub 😈

2 Likes

Yeah a ton of unexplored scenery in IF

1 Like