What are your thoughts on the XCUB?

Time flies fast when you are having fun with the TBM, half a year ago :)

12 Likes

Yes but the last airliners thing was a soft rework

3 Likes

How do you report staff members? Asking for a friend 😏

14 Likes

Well, given that he thinks the TBM GA is unnecessary, I doubt he’s flown it. Had he flown the TBM his opinion would have been a bit on the brighter side. We could kick out all of airliners for a day, and I’d be the happiest pilot in the sky. 🤣

34 Likes

I have for training but I think airliners should be prioritized. My opinion though.

3 Likes

On a scale of 1-5 stars, how many stars will your report contain? 😬Hopefully its a report of high remarks.

22 Likes

Me. And lots of other people. You’re missing out on a very interesting and exciting part of aviation by not flying GA!

6 Likes

Think of it from Infinite Flights perspective. There is a portion of the community that absolutely loves GA’s. The airliners have gotten a ton of attention from the CRJs, B737, MD11, DC10, A330, A350, with only 1 GA being the TBM. I think its fair to say that GA’s need some TLC. 🙂

But like you said, just your opinion. Sometimes we have to look at something from another perspective to have a greater appreciation.

34 Likes

I honestly love how we are bringing more diversity to our growing fleet! The TBM is a beautiful aircraft and I’m sure this one will dazzle :)

7 Likes

Just a new Decathlon to me. I am happy for GA fans.
(I am more for A350 and turboprops/private jet)

5 Likes

I think it’ll be a cool aircraft to have in IF, but I’m not sure how necessary and how much it will be used. I speak from having absolutely no data to back it up, but there’s so much more commercial aircraft that i see when controlling than GA. I realize GA are likely flying around canyons and mountains and stuff and not into airspace, but thats just my opinion.

I’d rather see some vintage aircraft, maybe some russians? featured in IF that we do not have any of. Then there’s the A220 that’s new and would be a popular aircraft.

Will I fly the cub? yes, for a bit at the start. Then i’ll probably just hop back in the TBM as it fits my flying style better for GA flight

12 Likes

5 stars. Just like the 5 star airline Lufthansa, which I, and MANY others enjoy flying in IF because we love airliners😂

2 Likes

😂Its quite obvious. People like to burn kerosene, fly big heavy metal and fly from point A to B as fast as they can. The real enjoyment is low, slow, scenic, and being relaxed. Its more fun to explore the back country. To each their own. 🏆

14 Likes

Copied and pasted my post from the Dev Timeline topic:

I’m sure this plane will be great to fly, but I feel like there are much better things that could be getting worked on. The 757 for example, is incredibly out of date. Additionally, and the 717, A380, and A340 are just as bad.
I understand many people will say there are too many commercial aircraft, but what about executive. Due to the recently added TBM, I feel like a Gulfstream or Phenom would better suit the simulators “game style”.
I’m not saying that I’m against the XCub, I’m sure I will love it, but IMHO there are more important things to be working on.

I understand that many people love to fly GA, and depending on my mood, I do too! The reality is however, commercial flying is king of IF

13 Likes

Not interesting for me because GA planes do not attract me …
I have to keep hoping …🙄

3 Likes

Yeah this is definitely a bicycle vs motorcycle or a Jeep vs sports car thing. It’s okay to like both!

2 Likes

I would, it improves skills for flying in airliners.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure about that. They are totally different aircraft.

2 Likes

Improves mine because I rarely fly with A/P in GA. So I’m more steady in an airliner. Just me.

4 Likes

Is the X Cub considered a new aircraft addition or a super decathlon rework?

2 Likes