What are your thoughts on the XCUB?

I really don’t understand your constant negative attitude, your highly demanded aircraft the A350 is finally coming, as well development post regarding all future projects.

1 Like

My thoughts are something to look forward too as we ain’t all excited about the A365 🙃

3 Likes

This thread is for stating your opinion. He is simply saying he is not looking too forward to the XCub, and I don’t think there’s such a big problem with that :)

1 Like

We don’t just use “the forum” when deciding how to develop the app.

10 Likes

I feel the same way tbh

3 Likes

The primary drive for this aircraft is to serve as a replacement to the Decathlon which is arguably the most outdated aircraft on Infinite Flight. Our mission is, and has been, to bring our fleet to the same standard through reworks, whether soft or from the ground up, along side the new additions (A350).

This aircraft had less to do with the forum and more to do with an ongoing effort to improve everything within the app to the same standard you expect from us today.

As an additional note, aircraft such as the Cub provides a level of diversity we currently do not have, attracting new users who may now see Infinite Flight as relevant in their training and every day aviation development. We firmly believe the lovers of everything general aviation have a place here in our community as well.

25 Likes

I just want to take a second to thank the staff, particularly Jason, that have jumped in here to answer questions and articulate the thinking behind the XCub. It really is helpful, and whether we “like” the decision or not, we are at least better able to understand it.

That being said - I would love if this type of communication continues to become more proactive rather than reactive. I know this is a stated goal (and things like the Development Timeline are a positive step), but I think this thread shows there is still a gap and helps outline how to bridge it. There is great progress being made on explaining what is happening, but there may be an opportunity to invest even more in the why.

1 Like

Though I appreciate the feedback and encouragement, I feel the why was explained and politely disagree. Prior to the post we made this week, there was no public knowledge of the Cub in development. In that post we clearly stated it would be replacing the Decathlon.

If you follow the pattern of reworks, from the B787, A10 and on, coupled with many statements of intent to rework our fleet to a similar standard, it seems the why would be rather obvious here.

We’ll continue to remain transparent and keep the community informed as news becomes available! 🙂

2 Likes

Please keep the Super D =(

3 Likes

What Tyler said is bang on. Everyone is free to either love or hate the xCub. Not every plane is going to please everyone. And our reasoning is clear (replace the Super D). However in addition to that, I’ll add that there are always business moves in the background (partnerships with content creators, investments into the aviation community, marketing opportunities, etc) that we simply cannot and will not discuss with our customers ahead of time. For one thing, they may not pan out. But also, sometimes we just can’t talk about business moves for confidentiality reasons. It’s as simple as that. :)

So I agree - nice feedback and encouragement and it’s our pleasure to communicate more and more, but we need a little grace when it comes to being able to surprise you now and then (whether its a requested by the community feature or not).

Cheers.

15 Likes

I do that route but from lax all the time in the 17q

Really appreciate the responses from both you and Tyler, it’s not everyday you get to hear back from not one but two members of staff. I shouldn’t be surprised though, it’s reflective of the amazing community you guys have built here! Reasonable people can disagree about what “a little grace” means, whether “replacing the Super D” is what is happening or why it is happening, and how often “now and then” is 😉. What isn’t up for debate is that you guys care deeply, work hard, and are willing to hear feedback. Thanks again, I’m excited to see what comes next!

4 Likes

This topic is for your thoughts about the XCUB. This can be posted on the topic community members spotted on live (part 2), Thanks. :)

Topic

Community Members Spotted on Live Part 2

Oh no! I loved the Super D especially in high winds. (JK lol) Can’t find the picture of it upside down in the hurricane in the Caribbean a while back.
Honestly though you guys are thinking for every type of IF user and keep making their experience better stage by stage.
Personally I am looking forward to the exciting times in the X Cub.

1 Like

Will it have monster shocks ( shock absorbers )

XCub comes standard with Hydrasorb gear, with an option to upgrade to spring gear. I believe the Infinite Flight designers have gone with the standard gear option. There’s some reading online if you’re interested in diving into the differences.

15 Likes

Me personally I don’t fly GA aircraft a ton but this one might change my mind. Also I think that this was a necessary update needed to replace the super Decathlon. While im sure we have our feelings on it, in my honest opinion I think replacing it was the right call. Just on a side bar please please don’t replace the C-17 lol I’m not above bribes. 😂 just kidding but seriously love love the C-17 and looking forward to trying the XCub.

1 Like

The first few weeks probably will be used a lot and as days and weeks pass it’ll be just like any other plane in IF I think

2 Likes

Isn’t it obvious? The chicken has taken to flight!

Last confirmed sighting:

14 Likes

Did not really know where to put it but I saw this

Tell me if it was already said