What are your favourite shut down airlines?

I would probably say British Midland International, sold on from Lufthansa Group to British Airways then cannibalized for the slots at Heathrow.

I also this short term wise GermanWings it will be sad to see the low cost GermanAirline disappear and be reborn as EuroWings.

5 Likes

Aeroperlas Regional, a division of the also extinct TACA Regional in Panama, defunct in 2012.

7 Likes

airberlin… soon.

And Hapag-Lloyd Express. They were really nice and funny (I think they were drunk 😂)

10 Likes

Oh yeh air Berlin :/ but they will take a 50% hit to their fleet not sure they will go under though let’s hope not.

2 Likes

They seem to have a plan but they don’t seem to have an idea how they could to it…

2 Likes

I think Etihad needs the feeder flights. Let’s see it is an iconic airline and although I love Lufthansa too I don’t want to see them owning a monopoly.

3 Likes

Yeah definitely XL, what a failure xD.

8 Likes

Definitely Pan Am

25 Likes

:(
(Picture is not mine, but labeled for reuse)

19 Likes

I had a strange love for Air Tran

7 Likes

I was also going to say Air Tran. Wish they were still around

5 Likes

Germanwings is definitely my favorite airline. Thank god, Eurowings still leaves some of their planes in the Germanwings livery.

3 Likes

TWA all the way!

2 Likes

USA 3000. Always flew to the Caribbean with them.

3 Likes

Texas International and Braniff

5 Likes

I thought XL was still around. They do flights to JFK everyday.

2 Likes

Thats XL France, I think this is the English XL.

3 Likes

I like TWA

4 Likes

XL Airways France are still going. They do flights all over the place from Paris CDG, so not a failure just yet…

2 Likes

British midlands

2 Likes