What are violations you could have easily avoided?

Hi Infinite Flight Community I haven’t seen this topic on any of the forums so far and I believe this may be an interesting topic to grasp. Please reply with violations you’ve received inflight on the training or expert servers that looking back you think you could have easily avoided. These can be learning curves to overcome and avoidable mistakes you’ve made in the past, or even violations you received that you believe weren’t necessary. They can be level 1, level 2 etc.

• An avoidable violation I received while flying was on the expert server on a flight from Stockholm, Sweden to Dublin, Ireland. I had taken off and was climbing to cruising altitude smoothly. Autopilot was set and everything seemed to be under control. I left the controls at around 20,000 feet and didn’t come back until later. When I came back (supposedly mid-flight) I had received a violation. I finally realised that while setting the autopilot I had forgotten to set the altitude. This meant that while climbing with a verticale speed of 2,500fpm the aircraft was never going to stop climbing and reach a crushing altitude, since it was never assigned. This is why you should never leave the controls before reaching crushing altitude guys!!! Looking back at the replay after passing above 42,000 feet the Airbus A320-200 dramatically fell out of the sky, I had received an over speed violation and was kicked from the server. All this before the aircraft even had time to hit the Swedish ground… 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
5 Likes

the only way to really avoid level 2 and 3 violations is to follow ATC instructions. In your case you left your device during climb. You should NEVER leave your device during climb/descent because ATC can give you a violation for not responding and you could get a level 1 violation for speed while descending

3 Likes

Exactly! I’ve since learned from this mistake and everybody should know this. NEVER leave controls before cruising.

1 Like

@Tajay I think we might know a thing or two here :joy:

2 Likes

I accidentally did aerobatics on Training Server 🤦‍♂️

1 Like

Please feel free to share!

I could’ve easily avoided all 66 of my violations by not overspeeding 🤔

That was all in the first few months of online though lol.

2 Likes

Ohhh I’m sure many Infinite Flight users can relate to that one! :) Did you think you were in casual then realised uh oh… this is actually training? 😂😂

1 Like

Double check your aircraft’s speed limits. Esp if flying a Dash, more than half of my 54 violations are because of that.

1 Like

Yes, and then I realized I went from Grade 4 to Grade 2. 🤦‍♂️

1 Like

That’s a shame, how frustrating 😤😤

1 Like

I could have avoided 126 violations gained in 1 MONTH by simply not overspending.
This was in my first months btw.

1 Like

On holiday - leaving my iPad playing infinite flight in my room - which i was sharing with my sister…

No more words…

2 Likes

Lol I’m sure everyone’s done this at some point. Hey I can’t blame you though it was only your first few months.

Yes!! People don’t realise three different speed restrictions

1 Like

LOL I’m sure we can tell what happened next. Never leave your device Inflight with siblings in the vicinity. :)

I plead the fifth😌

1 Like

Biggest mistake for me is setting VNAV then falling asleep during descent ! Never again

1 Like

I only have 1 violation which was AFK over speeding. I should’ve been paying more attention but I was still bad back then.

1 Like

Aghhh can totally relate to the sleeping situation. I like to do long hauls. I take off at night and land the next morning, setting and alarm for 30 minutes prior to decent. Before VNAV was a thing in Infinite flight I use to sometimes sleep through the alarm or my aircraft would arrive at the destination sooner than expected. Somehow this never ended up being a serious problem as I would usually just catch it at the right time for decent.