What are the requirements for piloting school?

I gave up on my dream of becoming a pilot just due to some personal reasons but now I really want to try and get my license. Here are some of my questions.

1. Are there certain requirements you must reach in order to get into piloting school? Such as being able to fly without getting anxious.
  2. Where can I find a training in Los Angeles?
  3. What are prices like? Cheap or expensive? Does it depend on the school?
  4. How long does it take to graduate and earn your license?
  5. Do you have to be 18+?

Hi Kaden,

1. In order to earn your Private, you have to be 17 years old(this age requirement is only applicable to your checkride/earning your certificate, you can start training earlier. 16 to solo) must be able to earn a medical certificate from an AME (aviation medical examiner, find one here: https://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator), and you must be able to speak and understand the english language.

2. I would do some research in your area to find a good flight school, google is an awesome tool.

3. Prices vary depending on where you live, and what airport you are flying out of. Unfortunately, California may be the most expensive state to learn in.

4. The time it takes to learn honestly depends on the student. When i got my private pilots license i got it done in under 2 months, which is super fast. Some other people have taken well over a year. Depends on how well you study, and how often you are able to go fly.

5. No you do not have to be 18+ for private. In order to earn you Commercial Pilot License you must be 18.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

5 Likes
  1. Only main requirement is getting your medical certificate

2. I know of a good flight school up in Van Nuys. Not sure if that’s too far for you. I can ask someone of the name again

3. Prices in LA are about the same five or take

4. Not for your private pilot certificate you don’t have to be 18. For your private pilot certificate you have to be at least 17.

2 Likes

wow okay cool, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.