What Are The Most Satisfying Things While Controlling?

For People of IFATC and anyone that controls ATC, what are some of the most satisfying moments that you’ve had or experienced?

4 Likes

Every pilot following their instructions

28 Likes

Heathrow and approach with over 40 aircraft in airspace.

2 Likes

Seeing those ever so satisfying time lapses. 😍

4 Likes

This is amazing, planes with enough separation for takeoff so that I can Line up, TO, Line up, TO…

5 Likes

Yeah that’s the best thing

1 Like

People following instructions in a timely manner and being respectful and professional always results in fantastic sessions. Simple as that.

13 Likes

For me it’s replicating real life procedures like runway configurations and stars/sids. Might not always be possible if the traffic is high but it’s always heartwarming haha

5 Likes

I feel you right there.

1 Like

When you get every 30° interception right! ☺

10 Likes

How about when u clear out a full airport of planes. I like it when I do that at least.

2 Likes

When your plan works exactly how you wanted it to

1 Like

If I had to say the top two things that qualify as a “satisfying moment” for me, it’d be exactly both of these:

I tend to like a difficult configuration since it’s more satisfying that way, such as Aspen, but also when pilots simply follow instructions. Those are the two that really solidify a good session for me at least. :)

7 Likes

Satisfying things

2 Likes

There’s no better feeling than acing all your intercepts. Sometimes, my fingers have other plans… 🧱

8 Likes

Personally I think it’s very satisfying to squeeze an aircraft in an approach queue or controlling as initial approach and setting up a beautiful trail of aircraft.

8 Likes

When All Pilots follow All My Instructions lol.

And There are Many Planes at RKSI LOL

1 Like

Pilots follow all instructions and control the plane safely!

1 Like

I found this to be quite difficult lol

1 Like

Mine would have to be when the pilots themselves recognize a conflict and I don’t have to tell them anything

2 Likes