What are the different trust levels and what do they mean?

Hello,
Just like the title says, what are the different types of trust levels on this community and what does each one represent?

Like, I’m a “basic user”. What does this mean?

How long does it take to go up in trust levels?

3 Likes

All is said according to their badges.
TL0 - New
TL1 - Basic | Granted all essential community functions
TL2 - Member | Granted when you reach trust level 2. Thanks for participating over a period of weeks to truly join our community. You can now send invitations from your user page or individual topics, create group personal messages, and have more likes per day.
TL3 - Regular | Granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.
TL4 - Leader | Moderators and Staff

How long it takes depends on how active you are, your contributions, etc.

6 Likes

You are TL1. You will need to get to TL2 to post in RWA, features or events. TL3 is for regulars and you get access to a private category and more votes.

3 Likes

Okay, but what do each of those levels mean? Thank you, BTW :)

1 Like

Ah, thanks a lot gentlemen!
What’s RWA?

1 Like

#real-world-aviation

2 Likes

Edited my post, more info on them :^)

2 Likes

Here the official blog post of Discourse (The community host)

Note that the requirements on the Infinite Flight Community may vary from the ones listed above to avoid farming

3 Likes

I have tried to farm TL2

1 Like

@regulars @moderators what is that?

1 Like

It’s a private category

1 Like

Please don’t tag @ moderators, as it does indeed tag every single moderator here.

The lounge is exactly what it sounds like, a place for us to hangout.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s a basic understanding of trust levels and the forum in general:

And here is a deeper dive into trust levels, since most people are curious about how to upgrade to the next trust level.

Looking forward to seeing you be active on the forum!

2 Likes

What does “farming TL2” mean?

2 Likes

It’s when a user only replies, likes, etc. because they want to ‘level up’ instead of actually putting thought and effort into their posts.

4 Likes

I see. I only posted like 4 or 5 posts. So I don’t know. Had this account for over a year, just never posted anything

2 Likes

Yea that’s true. I’ve seen a lot of people do it and get Regular before me even though they joined after me :P

4 Likes

I’m a TL2 for 3-4 months now I think. Usually how long it takes to become a TL3 @regulars? Consider that I’m active daily since late December 2019.

1 Like

It is not measured based on time. It is measured based on productivity, useful comments, and being helpful in general. It’s not a sprint - it’s a marathon that you need to work through. It’s hard work that takes time and dedication. Also, tagging @regulars does nothing 🙃.

2 Likes