What Are The Chances You'll Die In A Plane Crash?

A very interesting video by Life Noggin on Youtube, it’s also really great for people who have any fear of flying.

Are you afraid of flying? Why or why not?

I’m not afraid because I understand how unlikely you are to be in one, even to die in one. I haven’t been in any dangerous car accidents yet, so flying for me isn’t such a scary thing.

You should check out some more of his videos, he makes some very interesting content.

10 Likes

Oh yea this is in my recommended but I never clicked on it lol

5 Likes

How about add some of your own opinion and what you think of it. Don’t just copy and paste a link expecting people to spark conversation for you.

2 Likes

Just a tip, please PM him about this issue instead of making a new post. Thanks!

10 Likes

Another one of these topics 🙄, you have a higher chance of getting struck by lightning 3 times in the same spot at the same time, then having a fatal car accident and surving on your way to to airport, then tripping on a bannana and dying, then dying In a plane crash.

2 Likes

I already seem to enjoy Life Noggin’s videos, this one especially. They’re always so well put together.

1 Like

Alright I will in the future. I always see others do what I just did so I thought it was ok. Thanks for the advice!

Great video! I saw it trending earlier. Pretty much stuff I already knew in the video anyways.

1 Like

I added some more information to try and give the post a little more depth.

1 Like

This is interesting too, they try and survive a simulated plane crash…

2 Likes

I remember watching that, very entertaining vid. Recommend watching it ⬆️

Isn’t the brace position adopted to protect teeth so that passengers can be identified through dental records in the event of a deadly crash

1 Like

Well I would assume it’s also to reduce the risk of injury in an emergency, and that’s why it’s used in instances such as gear failure landings.

I’m pretty sure nobody on an aviation forum is afraid of flying :). Anyway, it was an interesting video.

3 Likes

I think Seb is actually afraid of flying. I’m not sure though, but I remember someone is.

I think this video, like other aviation crash related ones, states the obvious. It’s easy, If you want to die on a plane crash take 12.000.000 flights in your lifetime and you will die once.

I could make a 5 second video explaining the chances of dying in a plane cash: Zero.

1 Like

Many people have died in plane crashes. If you can find evidence to support your ‘zero’ claim then do share it!

1 Like

I’ve seen this video. I am not afraid of flying at all. In fact. I love it, but I watched this video anyways because I was interested. I also love how this video was animated! :D

1 Like

Fine, it’s not zero. But if you round ot off it is zero. The probability is about 0,00000009.
That is basically nothing.

The chances of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million (According to multiple sources). So, that decimal would actually be incorrect.

Changed it. As you can see, basically the same.

1 Like