What are the airports with the best scenery?

Personally I enjoy flying into VRMM (Malé) as you are able to get a great view of the surrounding atolls.

2 Likes

VQPR Paro is also nice…

1 Like

For me it’s Soummam - Abane Ramdane crédits Wiki image In Algeria.

8 Likes

Check Heraklion International Airport (LGIR) The senery is just awwome!!

2 Likes

For me its either OMAA or TNCM

3 Likes

In my opinion, either NZQN (Queenstown) or YBCS (Cairns)

2 Likes

I’d have to pick RJBB (Kansai). The mountains surrounding the Kansai Region is just beautiful.
The same can be said about KSEA (Seattle) and CYVR (Vancouver).

Every approach is wonderful, i can literally never get tired of flying in to those airports :)

3 Likes

RJGG Or RJBB or RJTT or KJAC

2 Likes

Great idea for a topic. I love KDEN, KSLC, NZWN, LSGG to name a few. I’d have to think about my favourite…

2 Likes

KASE, FSIA, OPGT (GA), RJBB, MMMX, LIRF, and tons of others.

2 Likes

Nikos Kadzadakis!! One of my most favorite approaches

2 Likes

There is somthing nice about coming down the river twards the point on downtown Pittsburgh just to the east of KPIT, and of course someware in that aria there is a blurry blurb that is my house… 😂

Call me biased, you wouldn’t be wrong 😂

4 Likes

KMIA, KEWR, KSEA and KSFO.

2 Likes

KSFO, KLAX, KVCV, and KSEA

2 Likes

Surprisingly, LGA.

You get a beautiful view of Manhattan on approach.

3 Likes

KSFO is really a beautiful approach, especially as someone who lives in the area.

1 Like

If you’re doing the right downwind runway 22 approach, then yes. ;) Thank you for giving LGA some love. 💜

1 Like

Another airport to fly at is KGCN AKA GRAND CANYON you can either fly through the canyon or you can fly over it and watch the scenery go by

2 Likes

The area around Grand Mesa (KGJT, KMTJ) is just stunning.

2 Likes

LPMA is a challenging approach. If I remember, Madeira is known for its strong winds but with the mountains beside it make the approach very scenic! (Not to mention the airport is elevated so, I guess you also have a good view of the sea? ;))

2 Likes