What are some upcoming/current expansions or upgrades to your home airport

Hello community,
Air travel is becoming increasingly popular and to allow for the growth in passenger numbers and airline arrivals/departures, many airports are having to expand their facilities to be able to handle the growth. It may also be they are renewing gate lounges or upgrading dining precincts, even upgrading their security.

For starters, my home airport, Brisbane, currently has many ongoing and upcoming projects with the major focus being on the new runway which is set to open in July 2020 Yay!, but some others include the renewal of the domestic terminal, a new international car park, an upgrade to the international terminal (future) which will include new gates, apron expansion and much more! There is also the Brisbane auto mall which will be amazing!

Let me know!
Thanks for visiting!

2 Likes

Currently at Richmond International Airport (KRIC), they’re adding on to Concourse A. Adding an additional 6 gates for airlines to use. The main use for these new gates are for planes that stay overnight. Richmond Airport is very highly rated for pilots staying overnight, so most airlines park they’re aircraft here. Since the Commonwealth Region is growing, the airport is adding more gates to anticipate that growth.

1 Like

Very cool!

pretty sure that Boston (KBOS) is making a whole new internatonal terminal. I think it can also hold some a380 and 747s. they used to have to wait at a stand and passengers would be shuttled out to it.

1 Like

WSSS/SIN for me. Gonna have one huge terminal (Terminal 5) comin up with another runway (02R/20L). Terminal 2 is being upgraded as well

2 Likes

http://www.tirana-airport.com/d/7/46/187/tia-airfield-rehabilitation-airfield-2020-begins/

1 Like

Wow that’s a massive expansion! Although with the recent craziness of American and delta etc. Announcing new routes it’s not too unexpected!

That’s massive as well! Gosh in my opinion I think it’s time BNE added more gates and or a new terminal!

1 Like

LYBE (Belgrade) is currently expanding and is to have a new gate complex, second runway, and new taxiways. It should be completed in a few years!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Exciting news for you I bet!

1 Like

Hey @BravoCharlie do you have a link I would like to know more about this!

Of course, give me a moment please!

1 Like

For sure @BravoCharlie!

There you are mate! This is my favourite news website too!

And here is the supposed plan:

4 Likes

Cheers man!

1 Like

We will be having a 3rd terminal here at RCTP. There has been delays after delays because of corruption from the Green Party (DPP) here in Taiwan.

1 Like

That will definitely help with traffic movements!

Oh and we are getting an expansion at Terminal 2 starting from 2021.

1 Like

This generic thing

2 Likes

Hmmmmm, that design seems like it is a bit of a waste of space. They probably could redesign it to fit more, but interesting nevertheless

1 Like