What are some of your Infinite Flight habits/traditions?

Hey everyone! Decided to start this topic just because I was curious. Do you have any habits/traditions in infinite flight that you don’t think many other people do? Mine is I always switch to the outside view after the autopilot is engaged after I take off to check around the plane and make sure I didn’t forget anything (flaps, gear, etc.), anyone else do that?

7 Likes

A bad habit i have is rushing to the gate in disappointment if i have a particularly bad landing lol

10 Likes

I always do flight controls after pushing back idk if that’s a habit pretty sure it’s mandatory tho 😂

8 Likes

I precisely calculate my weight at least of passengers and cargo so I see the airlines actual configuration and then put a number under that then times that number by the average weight of each passengers cargo usually like 25-35 kgs

2 Likes

I always do real world flights I see on flightaware/radar. I always do flight controls check before taxi. Engine #2 is always first to start. If someone is inbound and close enough, I wait for them to land as I know it feels good when we’re landing and there’s others at the airport. It also give them that lil pressure to not mess up as they’re being watch😀

17 Likes

me too :))

2 Likes

Same here, it adds to the realism!

3 Likes

I always take the actual capacity of the aircraft I’m flying, taking into account the airline and what configuration it uses for the route. Then I will select a fuel quantity that gives me a safe margin for diversions or emergencies, usually 2-4 hours depending on flight duration and aircraft type. For cargo usually I set the slider around midway or more.

So usually my aircraft is quite heavy!

1 Like

When pushingback I always start engine 2 first then 1.

7 Likes

Yeah i basically do that though I calculate the cargo as I said by an average

1 Like

Not buttering the landing.

7 Likes

Efficiency is the name of the game

Taxi speed especially, but flight speed too. A fast taxi is so much better than a ridiculously slow “realistic” taxi

2 Likes

Lol, same. I get so impatient, especially when it’s a long, straight taxiway

2 Likes

I’ve been doing flight control checks lately, mainly because i want to make sure my controller is properly connected before i start taxiing to the runway

2 Likes

I always fly into 3D airports. I can’t help it.

6 Likes

I used to have a habit of cruising at extremely low speeds, partly because I didn’t know how fast to cruise at, and partly because I thought M .80 was way too fast

2 Likes

i usually taxi with just one engine, idk why

5 Likes

They do that in real life for fuel conservation. My tradition is probably the 20 Calib Rule. Calibrating pretty much every 20 minutes when conscious.

2 Likes

If its a controlled airspace, just before quitting i always say ‘thank you, good day’

9 Likes

Same loool

1 Like