What are some of the least-known airlines in the world?

GLO Airlines went bankrupt some time ago, but when they were flying, they were barely known. I’ve never heard “GLO Airlines” from anybody.

2 Likes

MaxSez: Nauru Airlines (formerly trading as Our Airline and Air Nauru ) is the smallest ICAO recognized commercial airline in the world. It’s 2 B-737 aircraft are headquartered on the Island of Nauru near Australia.
image https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nauru_Airlines_Boeing_737-300_(VH-XNU)_at_Nauru_International_Airport.jpg

5 Likes

I guess its my turn. This is what we call the phantom airline. It is everywhere, but nobody knows about it. You probably already know where this is going, I am talking about the one and only…

Yes, this airline is everywhere but nobody knows about it. Mostly because all flights they operate are codeshares in a different livery such as.

• Delta
  • Alaska
  • American
  • United

All in that airline’s respected livery. All you see about them is their tiny little “Operated By SkyWest” on the planes. They do have some of their own liveries, but they are rarely seen.

3 Likes

I see their own liveries once in a while. I think Horizon Air is slightly more well known, but still fairly unknown as well.

300_1396-680x365_c

2 Likes

I think people forgot about Rossiya.

3 Likes

Actually it is pretty well known by this point. It has a pretty good sized ops center and its own aviation day. Before the merger with Alaska, it was well known as a good regional airline.

2 Likes

Regional Express
Sounds Air
Kam Air
Tons more!

2 Likes

I have heard of Sounds Air quite a bit actually…

1 Like

i don’t know if y’all have ever heard of them but Emirates is not really well known

5 Likes

Unless you’re lucky and get one of the few RJs in the actual SkyWest livery

But if we’re talking about SkyWest might as add mostly every other regional as well. Most people don’t know about them since the planes are painted DL, AA, UA, etc. PSA, Republic, Endeavor, Envoy, Piedmont, GoJet, Mesa…There’s a lot!

1 Like

c’mon guys try harder! i’ve seen all of them! ever heard of Deccan Charters?

Anyone heard of Origin Air?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard of Azure Azur Air.

Has anyone seen a BALTIA plane before? Oh wait…

1 Like

lmao ive seen TONS of them, their all over the place

PS. anyone seen an avatar airlines plane before?

1 Like

Republic Airways.

1 Like

Certainly beautiful. In fact, one might go as far as to say: SEXY

1 Like