What are some good spotting airports in the Tri-State region?

What are some good spotting airports in the Tri-State region?

๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

1 Like

JFK airport

Wait what is the Tri-State Region?

Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania area.

1 Like

It includes NY and NJ

1 Like

The best airport to spot on is JFK. You will always catch on something interesting and all kinds of aircrafts: A350, B747, B777, A380 and more!

KHPN has a spotting deck inside the terminal, and you donโ€™t have to get past security. Good view, lots of GA and Corporate traffic with a few commercial aircraft mixed in. There is a glass window however.

Hereโ€™s an incredibly over-edited photo from 2017.

3 Likes

By that definition, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Pittsburgh are the only ones that really come to mind, Cincinnati, and Cleveland have some good cargo stuff, 747s 777s, a few, not in mass though, Pittsburgh probably has the most operations a day, but not a whole lot of big stuff, we have some 777s, 787s, the like, but if you go by the other definition of the tri-state aria (NY NJ PA, then you have a lot, all the NYC airports, Philly, all good stuffโ€ฆ

LGA!! So many good spots to catch arrivals. You can ask @Dylan_M

3 Likes

Just a little side note, just because a plane spotting location is past security doesnโ€™t mean you canโ€™t go there. I regularly go and plane spotting at YSSY where two out of three of my best places are in the terminal past security. As long as your not dodgy and be honest about what your doing then you should be fine. i wouldnโ€™t know about airports in Europe or America though.

Iโ€™d assume its much more strict in the US. Iโ€™ve never tried. However, being before security is just a good perk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.