What are "Legacy Planes?"

Quick question. What are Legacy Planes in IF? I know that they include the C-17, P-38, etc, but why are they called Legacy Planes and why are they separate from all of the other aircraft? Thanks.

1 Like

These are the original aircraft in Infinite Flight, dating all the way back to 2012 and 2011. However, they are some of the most unrealistic and unpopular aircraft in the sim. I don’t know why they are separate from the rest of the aircraft though.

1 Like

Haha yes they are definitely…not the most realistic. Were they the only planes available at the launch?

1 Like

No, some were, they were gradually added until we get to today

1 Like

Perhaps, unfortunately I didn’t have the sim way back when so I’d ask someone else 🙂

1 Like

Thanks @Stellar_G and @nativetoalaska I’ve been wondering that for a while. Basically, they are just completely untouched planes dating back to the release of IF?

2 Likes

Mmm… kinda. They are the planes that were designed at the infancy of IF, some can date pretty new. They are mostly planes that most average IF players wouldn’t like

1 Like

Alright thanks! If nobody has anything else to add the mods can come along and close the topic now :)

Never heard that before 🤔

2 Likes

Flagged it for you ;)

Sorry for the spelling mistakes!

1 Like

Closed per OP request.