What about TRIM?

Hi,

I know I have to use TRIM for take-off and landing, however I’m not sure if this has to remain applied during flight as well or just the trim goes to 0% during flight. I appreciate any help :)

any advice on A320 family and 777?

many thanks

Hector

2 Likes

Just use trim when you feel that it is required if you think you need it during flight use it!

1 Like

I never use it.

1 Like

i use trim at like 20-30% on takeoff and landing, and 40-60% for the DC-10 and MD-11

1 Like

Personally I use it when I feel like I need it. I usually put around 15% on takeoff, 0% while cruise and 25% on landing.

4 Likes

I do basically the same as @tunamkol , I do 15 degree flaps on takeoff, and 15% trim, as I lower the flaps, I lower to the same number on the trim, ie. if I lower the flaps from 15 degrees to 10, then I do the same with trim, then I go from there to 0 on both flaps and trim.

4 Likes

For me, I do 20 percent trim on every jetliner. For GA aircraft I go down to 10 percent

1 Like

If/When I use trim for takeoff, I use 10%. I usually land with -20% trim if I need it.

Neither do I :D

1 Like

Trim 7% for all 777 aircraft. 30% when disconnecting AP for landing

Arent you supposed to trim to remove the purple line when cruising

3 Likes

Yeah I do that. It does help a bit with fuel flow from what I’ve seen. A marginal difference, but has a significant effect during long hauls.

3 Likes

You should use it when the purple line appears. It basically means your pitch control have to compensate other than just letting the trim do it.

4 Likes

Thank you all!

Wow I just had to use 40% trim to get rid of the purple. I never knew! Mahalo.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.