What about having a computer atc when real atc is offline?

I think if the airports that have and ATC in real life could have a computer ATC sending commands to pilots when the controller is offline in Infinte Flight. But, when a controller is online again the computer ATC goes offline. Also to inform pilots the radar could specifiy if there is a computer ATC or a real one. That way the whole region could have ATC at major airports. The computer ATC could only accept departures and arrivals but not pattern work. Again this is just an suggestion for a feature. What do you think?

Thanks,

6 Likes

Good idea, but it may take a while to program.

Looks like a good idea, but this would need a lot of time, because there are a lot of different situations, which the computer couldn’t understand or would get crazy, and wouldn’t bring the same power as a real human.

2 Likes

I agree with you, this would take weeks of work though it would be worth it. As I said above the computer could do simple operations such as clearances ect.

Why would you need ATC if there are no other planes to control?

@Thomas_Galvin, the computer ATC would control when the real ATC is offline. eg. i want to fly on advanced server from Birmingham to Heathrow but the Advanced ATC if offline. In that case the computer ATC would go online and just send basic commands such as “cleared for takeoff xxxx”. Of course this is just a suggestion and i appreciate the work the Devs have done. :)

1 Like

Ohhhhh, I see, I thought you meant solo, not live

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This is an interesting concept, but it seems almost impossible. There are just too many different scenarios that could happen.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I’d rather the memory and usage of IF to actually be put to something more useful and exciting then a computerised ATC.

1 Like

This would ruin the point of Unicom.

1 Like

Good idea i agree with you 👍

But, if this was programmatically possible, why didn’t they program it for real life? Probably because there are too many different situations possible. But in theory, it should be possible, yes.