What about a challenge in Brazil - SBRJ

This is my first Topic so if wrote something wrong tell me and I’ll correct or delete it

THIS IS A SUGGESTION! NOT A GROUP FLIGHT OR EVENT

Santos Dumont (SDU/SBRJ) is the fifth largest airport in Brazil and is based in Rio De Janeiro. You can fly to 13 destinations with 4 airlines.

images (1)
Image credit: Transportal

POPULAR AIRLINES

Gol is the largest airline here by counting the number of departures with around 371 scheduled take-offs every week. The second largest operator from Santos Dumont is LATAM. The third largest operator in Santos Dumont is Azul. The aircraft types with most scheduled flights are the Boeing 737, Embraer E-195 and the Airbus A319/320. If you want to choose a flight click here

WHY IS CHALLENGING?

This is one of the most difficult airport to land in Brazil because of the following things:
• Short runway
• A mountain in a side (20L/20R)
• Another airport in the other side (02L/02R)
• The ocean in both runway’s side

Be careful while approaching!

Be carefully because if you land too early or too late you will end up in the water!

If you like to fly with ATC they will be in Brazil in April 22

• See you in the sky
4 Likes

A wonderful first topic, it seems like a tricky but fun approach, I’ll make sure to give it a try later. (:

1 Like

This is my favorite airport in Brazil! I first found out about it from an ATC simulator as SBRJ was one of the airports.

2 Likes

Indeed, SBRJ is much fun. Better that SBGR

1 Like

Please make this an event, so we from atc team could include into our planned events. =)

1 Like

Wow very unique topic I like it a lot and can’t wait to fly there soon! 👍

Perfect for a video on Yt Thank you for the info

Do u know any one hour routes I could do to here

1 Like

Thank you a lot

Found one!!! :) Thank you a lot!!!

No worries! Glad to help. Out of likes, by the way :/

2 Likes

I’m not TL2 so I can’t make an event :(

No problem! Thanks for the comment :)

I will try to make this possible indicating someone to post. =)

Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.