Whacky Racing Flash Flight: XWBs in the Alps @ LSZH - 042230ZFEB20

Season 2 Continues!

Season 2 of Whacky Racing continues today! Last time we took a ride in the C130, but this time we will use something a little more modern. For this event, we will hop in the shiny new A359 and see what it is truly made of!

This week we start as LSZH and end at LOWI. The aim of this race is to keep as low and fast as you can. The route circles out of Zurich with a straight sprint to the Alps. From there we head into the valleys that ungulate as far as the eye can see, and you’ll want to stay low and fast to make it fun. There are a few mountains to hop over in between valleys, so keep an eye out for sudden inclines!

The final stretch will be a sprint to LOWI before the usual chaos commences.

Event Plan

1. Spawn at LSZH and taxi to runway 32
  2. Take off and follow the TFR gates anti-clockwise
  3. Follow the TFR rings through and over the mountains
  4. The final sprint to LOWI
  5. Land safely at LOWI

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #wackyrwcing. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Casual
Aircraft: A359

Aircraft must follow the route set out by TFR gates. You must land and stop at LOWI to complete the event. Aircraft will be disqualified if they don’t follow the route, crash or do not use the correct aircraft.

Event Hours:

Begin - Tuesday 4th February @ 22:30 ZULU

End - Tuesday 4th February @ 23:30 ZULU

February 4, 2020February 4, 2020

NOTAMS:

Aircraft will be disqualified if rules are broken. This is a voluntary event with no prize for the winner [bar bragging, of course]

17 Likes

I am so coming to this

1 Like

I’ll just be in my C-17 spectating 🏳️‍🌈💕

2 Likes

It SaYs A359 ThO

1 Like

He’s sPeCtAtInG ThO! 😂😂

2 Likes

I’ll take off 3 minutes before it starts to get a better view 😤

1 Like

Not too sure you know how a race works. Have you heard of a false start?🤦🏼

2 Likes

Misha I’m not even in a A350

1 Like

Sometimes this community tests me 💩

6 Likes

@MishaCamp It’s 10:20 on a Tuesday evening here. What are you doing?

1 Like

Watch closely for those who starts early. I’ve won the ASE one, I can win this one too 😏🙃

I’m deploying my strategy. I don’t need all that runway!

3 Likes

People are so keen. It pains me to see all these false starts!

4 Likes

I’m seeing so many people going down the runway.

I’m in that large pile of 350s in front of the runway🙃

1 Like

Misha, you need a picture of all the aircraft lined up on each other on the runway this is manic 😂

1 Like

Just gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that I stopped first… @MDoor? 😅

1 Like

I died lol 😂😂

1 Like

@Will_A

A spin out is not landing safely.

3 Likes

Aaaaaand I crashed on landing.

That was fun though! Didn’t get to do the C130 race and seeing all these A350s flying through the valleys was awesome!

1 Like

I beg to differ. I didn’t crash, I just used risky tactics to slow down. It’s up to the judge. I touched down and stopped… the spin was an entirely intentional maneuver.

1 Like

I think I flew through Misha twice. I complete smashed it at 1800knts into the Alps (F-22) and didn’t go to the crash screen, I was just standstill, unable to move half inside the terrain.