Whacky Racing Flash Flight: Taranaki Dizziness @ NZNP - 042200ZNOV19

Welcome to a brand new Flash Flight series! We’ve designed this one from the group up based on feedback and past events. These flights will be part of a series, so expect the format to be much like a TV series with breaks in between each series! This new Flash Flight series is part of a wider introduction of new events over the coming months. We hope you enjoy them, and please give us your feedback!

Join us for the first of a new Flash Flight series!

Event 2! Enjoy the first one? Awesome! This week we will be racing the one and only Spitfire aircraft. We’ll be racing around Mount Taranaki, a dormant 8000ft peak volcano in the very west of New Zealand’s North Island. The circular forested area at the base of the cone is vital to this weeks event. More information below!

The route will be set out clearly. Spawn at NZNP in a Spitfire. From there, follow the TFR rings anti-clockwise. Between the TFR rings, you must keep to the boundary between the forested area and the grasslands to the right of the aircraft. From the final TFR ring, it is a straight sprint back to the airport where you must land safely to finish the race, however, there is a catch…

Well, since we have so many good pilots here, it’s a big one! From the start to the very finish, you must fly inverted!

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #whackyracing. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Casual
Aircraft: Spitfire

Aircraft must follow the route set out by TFR rings. From the final TFR ring, it is a straight sprint back, and don’t forget to be inverted at all times! Aircraft will be disqualified if they don’t follow the route, crash or do not use the correct aircraft.

Event Hours:

Begin - Monday 4th November @ 22:00 ZULU

End - Monday 4th November @ 23:00 ZULU

November 4, 2019November 4, 2019

NOTAMS:

Aircraft will be disqualified if rules are broken. This is a voluntary event with no prize for the winner [bar bragging, of course]

27 Likes

This will be exciting to attend! Let’s go!

1 Like

spitfires be like

n y o o m

1 Like

Ugh the one day I’m staying late at school :(
Have fun everyone!

Cool, I’m in.

Wish I could join but I’ve got some USCG patrolling to do

1 Like

So what does this mean?🤔

You gotta fly upside down. ;)

Cool idea! Looks like a lot of fun.

Monday night.

No one:

Misha: Let’s take the Spitfire to New Zealand and race it around a mountain for an hour. Inverted.

Nice! 🇳🇿😂

4 Likes

be ready for the spitfire master !!! this is my time to shine after 300hrs in the thing !!!

4 Likes

Oh no…
😶, that doesn’t sound very well

AND WE’RE AT IT AGAIN!!! Yes

Isn’t this event 2?

Anyways thanks @Aaron.C for directing me to this, I was on the ground at LICC!

1 Like

Not a bad idea though amirite

5 Likes

Inverted? Ok Misha, Ok.

no

it’s a very bad idea

change my mind

I cancelled my expert server flight just after takeoff just to attend this.

2 Likes

Well you won me on round 1, now 2 for round 2!!!

Nobody:

Literally Nobody:

Everyone after this event:

7 Likes