WestJet's New “Spirit of Canada” Livery & Boeing 787-9

Today Westjet announced a brand new sleek for their fleet! The livery will gradually appear across WestJet’s entire fleet as new aircraft are delivered in 2018 and as aircraft are repainted in their normal cycle. The Boeing 737 MAX 8 will be the first aircraft in the new livery appearing in June. Westjet also announced that they will be purchasing 10 B789’s along with 10 options.

Business Class On B787’s:

Premium Economy Class:

Economy Class:

WestJets Release Video:

My Opinion:

This Livery is absolutely amazing and I’m so glad that westjet is expanding its fleet with style! I wonder how they will look on the Dash’s…

What Are Your Thoughts?
27 Likes

A lot of airlines have changed their livery’s recently! Who’s next? I like this livery a lot, it’s quite simple but elegant especially with the tail design! It’s also nice to see they’re are purchasing the 787 hopefully some come to London!

1 Like

Hmm WestJet is going long haul interesting

1 Like

They already own a couple of 767s that they take across the pond.

5 Likes

I like it, I think it looks real classy.

2 Likes

Who cares? It’s a new livery on a new aircraft. Let’s be happy for WestJet instead of critiquing it too much 🙃

4 Likes

Even if it was, its not like the design of the Qantas 787 is trademarked. Other airlines can change it and use the template.

Like @SkyHighGuys said, lets just be happy for WestJet

2 Likes

Their first is international business and business seems like premium economy.

SN: Didn’t they change their livery literally less than 5 years ago, not a big change for that but still

4 Likes

Well, it’s better than their old business class

2 Likes

Yep the business class seat is the same type Air Canada uses on their 787’s.

2 Likes

Also, @Matthew_Chan, I think @Balloonchaser accidentally switched the labels because the video calls the first class business

2 Likes

Jesus everyone… calm down

It does look classy, but it would be nice for them to be more original.

1 Like

I am personally very excited to see this amazing news. I honestly thought WestJet was planning to just stay with their single aisle aircraft for much longer but this is a pleasant surprise. Seeing another Canadian Giant begin expanding like this is very exciting to me! Let’s hope they don’t let down.

Ok yes you make a point, originality is key in the Airline Industry, however not all of them need to be different in every way

So you’re saying airlines liveries going into a more clean and eurowhite look is copying each other.

So does JL have to sue MU for making a similar livery according to your logic?

🤔🤔🤔

11 Likes

Agreed fully, the basic template looks like it was stolen.

3 Likes

It’s nice, I wish the “Westjet” was in green

My thoughts are i dont like it sorry westjet

1 Like