This is the dawn of the newest Canadian VA.
Certified April 20th, 2019
Just two friends hanging around, when it struck us, ”Open a VA!” And from there it just breezed past, and, well, here we are!
-WestJet737767, Co-Founder, COO of WestJet Virtual Group
On the whim of a joke, a small laugh between two mates turned into something they never thought, or knew they could ever achieve. On September 29, 2018, everything changed for @ILOVE7879 and @WestJet737767. After many long waits and dedicated work, they accomplished something not many others could, opening a virtual airline.
Want to know who’s running the show?
Trainer 1: @Mattheus
We are Hiring!
We are looking for people who are committed to be apart of Infinite Flight’s new chapter of Canada!
To work with us, you must:
Be mature and professional at all times
Pass our staff exam
Be in a well standing on the IFC
Be at least a Grade 2
And be able to commit your time, and be available at reasonable points of time
Have experience with Slack
We are looking for:
1 Route Manager
You will be in charge of keeping our routes in check with WestJet’s actual routes. You will be in charge of removing out of service and season end routes, and adding new and season start routes.
Like the sound of this?
We are looking for:
2 Full-Time Trainers and 1 Part-Time Trainer
You are in charge of training the pilots! You will fly with them on their first few training flights, and will be in charge of determining what training program they go into, beginner, or experienced. Full time trainers will be asked to be on call at reasonable times for them on most days, and part time trainers will be asked to be on call at reasonable times for them on some days.
Like the sound of this?
FT Trainer 1:
FT Trainer 2:
PT Trainer 1:
WestJet Virtual Group is very proud to have over 100 destinations in 25 countries! As we transition into our new PIREP system, all of our routes can be found on the WestJet Schedule Website, available here!
As our network expands, so does us, and you!
We have 6 hubs and focus cities:
- CYYC- Calgary International (Hub, HQ)
- CYYZ- Toronto Lester B Pearson International (Hub)
- CYVR- Vancouver International (Hub)
- CYEG- Edmonton International (FC)
- CYWG- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International (FC)
- CYHZ- Halifax Stanfield International (FC)
Europe is Here!
As our new Boeing 787 Dreamliners arrive, we are unlocking keys from Calgary, to new horizons! With new scheduled direct service from Calgary to London, Dublin, Glasgow, and Paris, and many more to come, you can be sure that you can be everywhere, and anywhere with the touch of a button.
If big, fancy, long routes aren’t for you, then you can choose the Encore Division! Our fleet of Canadian built Bombardier Q-400 aircraft, offers the ability to fly to, and serve smaller communities that larger jet aircraft cannot reach. All the way from Vancouver Island, through the Okanagan Valley and the prairies, to the farming communities on the east coast, or the frigid cold of the North, it is your ability to work with these communities and make sure they can connect to the major hubs that make up Canada!
To ensure a fair balance between our Mainline Pilots flying longer routes, and our Encore Pilots flying shorter routes, our ranking system is divided into 2 separate requirement charts.
- First Officer (Achieved after graduation, Boeing 737-700 access)
- Jr. Captain (50 Hours, Boeing 737-800 access)
- Captain (100 Hours, Boeing 767-300ERW, ETOPS 737 routes access)
- Sr. Captain (150 Hours, Boeing 787-9 access)
- Lieutenant Captain (300 Hours, Trainer staff position access)
- First Officer (Achived after graduation, Bombardier Q400 access)
- Jr. Captain (25 Hours)
- Captain (50 Hours)
- Sr. Captain (100 Hours)
- Lieutenant Captain (300 Hours)
- Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 (WestJet Livery)
- Boeing 737-700 (WestJet Livery)
- Boeing 737-800 (WestJet Livery)
- Boeing 757-200 (Generic)
- Boeing 767-300 (Generic)
- Boeing 787-9 (Generic)
Have you decided you want to join our happy family? Just Make sure you meet our requirements, first!
To fly with us, you must:
- Be mature and professional at all times
- Pass our training evaluation
- Be in a well standing on the IFC
- Be at least a Grade 2
- Be able to commit your time
- File 1 PIREP per month
- Participate in 1 event per year
- Have experience with Slack