Westjet announces 787 routes

Yesterday, westjet announced some large changes, including a new slogan, and they unveiled the 787-9 routes! Also to be noted is the cabin upgrade for the 737s

The new routes are from Calgary to Paris, and Dublin
The Dreamliner will also fly on CYYC-EGKK which is already a route with a 767.
The new slogan is “Love where you’re flying”.
These are some new, cool changes for Westjet, and I can’t wait to see more!

13 Likes

I guess that is a ok start. I would personally like to see Westjet serving cities that are not in reach of the 767. South America, Asia, and Middle East. I would love to see Bogota, Tokyo, New Delhi, and more. Great for Westjet though!

1 Like

I think this is a great start for Westjet. I hope they utilize the dreamliner out of their Toronto base as well as I’d really like to spot that plane.

They occasionally do flight to South America with the 737 though

1 Like

They said that they are likely not to do that due to competition
They are out of Calgary cause there are not a lot of Europe and Asia bound flights out of Calgary
I’m personally happy about it; it’s bringing 185 000 people here to Calgary

2 Likes

It is definetly true that trans-atlantic completion out of Toronto is fierce. It would just be neat if they would open like a CYYZ-SBGL (Rio De Janiero) or something as they would be the first carrier to operate this route, and it kinda fits with WestJet’s business model to appeal to/ fly to where there is tourist demand

1 Like

They eventually will, but for now, they are focusing on Calgary. I don’t mind the 185 000 more people
Brings more business to our drowning economy

1 Like

Interesting! Can’t wait to see these routes start service. I’m sure that in the future they will definitely head to the east (asia) and south (south america).

Definitely, that’s in their books to hit up Tokyo and Brazil/Peru (those routes are slightly less demand, but we are getting there)

2 Likes

You will get there for sure. I wouldn’t be shocked if its late 2019/early 2020!

(Pssst, WJVA will beat even the real westjet to Asia! Mhuhahaha!)
Jokes aside

2 Likes

I am extremely excited to see this! Can’t wait to see what other routes that they will take the 787’s to!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.