WestJet Adds A New Transatlantic Route: Halifax To Manchester

WestJet has added a new Transatlantic route:

Halifax (YHZ) to Manchester (MAN) marking their first entrance into the U.K. city.

(Image by WestJet)

This 2,750 mile route (4,425 km) will be operated using their Boeing 737-700

• Seasonal flights will begin on June 5th and operate 4 times a week.
  • Flights are available for booking in WestJet’s system but the route has not been formally announced.

WestJet also operates seasonal service from Halifax to Dublin, Glasgow, London Gatwick, and Paris (CDG suspended due to MAX groundings).

WestJet previously announced other transatlantic routes such as Calgary to Rome and has been expanding its European presence ever since.

This route should be able to perform sufficiently with the 737-700, but if it does well it’ll likely upgauge to the MAX once it returns.

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/288823/westjet-adds-halifax-manchester-service-from-june-2020/

22 Likes

This would be a fun one to do in IF!

4 Likes

Wow. I am broke as hell. Really nice route.

1 Like

will add to the great spotting to be done in MAN. great news

1 Like

Westjet becoming best airline in Canada!

I flew Air Canada and Westjet both but Air Canada has more delay than Westjet

Oooohhh this is exciting. I’ve flown the LGW-YHZ route in IF and loved it.

1 Like

Nice! Westjet expanding into EGCC 👍

1 Like

Cool! I’ll probably do this route in IF this weekend.

@CR3W look. Halifax is getting attention👀

4 Likes

Yes yes yes, another long haul commercial route with a 737. I can’t wait to fly this.

YaY new Westjet route

👏👏

Beautiful!

1 Like

This will really be a fun flight to do but I was really shocked that there using a B737-700

Lol bro😂😂😂😂😂

That’s what they use for their Glasgow and Dublin flights from Halifax, which are a similar distance.

1 Like

Another victim, another route gone.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/290723/westjet-removes-halifax-manchester-launch-from-june-2020/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.