Western Global Airlines MD-11F

n581jn-western-global-airlines-mcdonnell-douglas-md-11f_PlanespottersNet_751578_9a563158c5

Photo credit: R. Bexten

Western Global Airlines are based in Estero, FL near Naples and Ft.Myers right next to KRSW. Growing up around the area they are near and dear to my heart. They operate 2 747F and 14 MD-11F. They operate the MD-11 all over the world flying for UPS, FEDEX and even hauling cargo for the Department of Defense. There main hubs are Miami, Florida; Liege, Belgium; Anchorage, Alaska; Ft. Myers, Florida. If you are from Southwest Florida or know of the area give it a vote so we can add this to the MD-11.

Not my favourite, the only colour, is blue. Looks kind of plain.

5 Likes

Yea that’s pretty much it. I put it up because no one else did. It personal for me since I’m from the area there HQ is. They are a major operator of the MD-11F so I’m surprised no one put in a request earlier.

1 Like

I recommend you vote for your own post!

1 Like

I live near KRSW and see these all the time. Great request!

3 Likes

Thanks, hopefully this gets added. I have a feeling the only people voting on it will be Southwest Florida locals.

Western Global is the fourth largest operator of the MD-11F after FedEx, UPS and Lufthansa Cargo. An unsung hero keeping the big trijets flying!

3 Likes

I was going to request this before the update came, only because they are one of the few operators of the MD-11F.

3 Likes

Yea sounds like they don’t get the credit or visibility that they deserve. They are overshadowed by the bigger carriers.

1 Like

A very simple yet beautiful livery to watch in real life 👍🏼 Great request.

2 Likes

Well, just because something is plain doesn’t mean it doesn’t have spirit. I will try to vote for this as I understand that this is very important, just like the Aegean A320 is to me. This is an simple , but amazing livery that should be added!

2 Likes

I think they have a new livery also. They have put it on some of there 747’s.