Went to Italy and back

Good afternoon everyone! This past week, I was very fortunate to be a part of a university trip to Italy! We started our trip in Atlanta, and then flew to Amsterdam. From there, we flew on to Florence. To come home, we went from Rome to Paris, back to Atlanta. Hope you guys enjoy the few pics I got from the trip! Most of them are in KATL and EHAM. However, I did get a couple of cool pics while at LIRF. Hope everyone enjoys them!

In my opinion, the two coolest shots are at LIRF, with the old Alitalia planes.

31 Likes

nice shots! hope you had a good time!

1 Like

Thanks! It was a super fun time. Had the best pasta carbonara I’ve ever put into my mouth (I would post a pic of it, but I’m not sure that I’m allowed to)

2 Likes

cool photos

my school is going to japan but it’s 5k to go😬😬

1 Like

haha that is great!

1 Like

I’m going to Madrid for a sports tour in October with school. I’ll try get some pictures of the airside and all. These international trips with school aren’t great but it’s a good experience. Hope you enjoyed Italy

1 Like

Did someone say “Delta”?

1 Like

Nice photos, thanks for sharing! You can’t go wrong with Italy.

You hit some pretty major airports covered in IF.

When you’re going through Atlanta, Rome, Paris etc. did you ever find yourself thinking in terms of the IF 3D airport layouts? Recognizing somewhere you’ve seen in IF or checking later what you saw?

(not to minimize the rich history and sights of Italy:)

2 Likes

I’ve done that with Manchester airport with the plane mock up which is meant for fire drills and the actual layout. Same with when I went to Atlanta for a connecting flight. Also with Dubai but then the terminals were rectangular but now they are the same as irl

1 Like

I honestly didn’t think of it until I got home! We had the red-eye out of Atlanta which landed in EHAM the next morning. By the time we finally got to Florence, all I wanted was to go to the hotel.

Once the jetlag wore off, it was a pretty fun trip though! We visited Florence, Sorrento and Rome.

1 Like

A330 wow awesome

1 Like

Landing in Amsterdam was one of the smoothest landings I’ve ever had! For a second, I thought we were floating before I felt the breaks engage.

1 Like

Aren’t all international flights to Europe from ATL red eyes? How is Delta in their international flights I’ve only flown them domestically once last summer

I just checked the flight schedule for ATL this week. You’re right! I didn’t realize that!

As for this question, I would rate them as slightly above average for an international flight. They weren’t the best experience I’ve ever had, but they also weren’t the worst in the world either.

1 Like

That’s so when they arrive to Europe they can time it so they don’t arrive during the airport curfew. It’s interesting how they time it