Welcome to New Zealand TK_ARMY ATC Tracking Thread (CLOSED)

@TK_ARMY so now what you’ll do is clear me for the option, number one, runway 34.

1 Like

Hello People I will do this more an going to Closed this Soon Thanks for Joining i will have to learn That Thanks @MrMrMan Thanks for the Help Man we should maybe fly one day

1 Like

Also IFC i will be doing more of these around New Zealand

I didn’t land because I realized I hadn’t been cleared for the option.

Oh Sorry bro i am going to hop of an learn Thanks

1 Like

• Ground Control was good!
• Takeoff clearance was good.
• didn’t get cleared for the option for the runway
• got told to enter straight in, runway 34, instead of being cleared for the option
• realized at like 20ft AGL I still hadn’t been cleared for the option.
This is okay, mistakes are okay! It means you’re learning.

I’m off to bed, goodnight!
I’ll be watching this thread, I look forward to seeing you improve!

1 Like

Ok Have a Good Day or Night i am off any one want to fly with me one day DM

1 Like

Coming over now! I’ll be in the pattern!

Sorry Bro its Closed

Yeah just saw! Maybe next time.

1 Like

Here are a some ATC golden rules, which you will see applied in the IFATC tutorial videos on YouTube. Check out these video’s. You’ll learn a lot!

1. Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes give before a taxi instruction.
  2. Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
  3. every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
  4. Every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction
  5. “sequencing is your friend”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow.Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed.
  6. Use I’ll call your base, to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
  7. aircrafts remaining in the pattern get a touch and go with an exit turn direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
  8. Timely clearance for landing or for the option
  9. landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction. Know your exit procedures
  10. an inbound aircraft only gets one (1) landing/option clearance.
5 Likes