Welcome back to service F117

About 7 months ago a YouTube video popped up of what it suppose to be two Lockheed Martin F-117 “Stealth fighter” flying in Nevada. Using the callsigns Night 17 and Night 19. There are several rumors it could be an unmanned or the Military doing testing with new radar. On February 28th F-117 was photographed flying!

It’s not public on why the 117s are flying again but it’s so great see these stealth fighters flying again!

Video

13 Likes

Nice to see them flying again!

They made an impression on me in the gulf war 1990-1991. And around 10 years later when I was deployed, the Nighthawk was still in use and a part of the joint force I was in.

3 Likes

They impressed everyone during that time. I never had a chance see them in person flying but my mom was able attend the private reviewing of when it first became public!

1 Like

Just to add to this great news, it’s seen operational duty again over the middle East:

Personally I love that it’s still being used, shows that the technology aboard is still on par with modern day tech.

3 Likes

This is cool. Probably won’t see one, but cool nonetheless

1 Like

So glad see these guys back, just like the Brancos!

1 Like

Who makes a new feature request?

This is an oldie but goodie 😂:

3 Likes

Nice shots! Do you know where they went after the visit?

2 Likes

No mate thats a while back… my memory doesn’t go that far 🤣😉

1 Like

Too much booze 😂

Maybe they headed for Aviano 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

Probably yeah 🤣 I had to ask my dad for some more intel and he remembered the name of the exercise and it’s purpose… It was named “Coronet Havoc” and it’s purpose was to learn the European air space. 415th FS deployed with 8 F-117’s… they have a pretty cool callsign too… “Bandit”…😉😉😉

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.