Weird Things During Your Flight

Has anything really weird ever happened during a flight you took? On a Cathay Pacific flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong, while boarding, I heard a lady asking a flight attendant if they could stop in Japan for who knows why, and the flight attendant approves and asks the captain. So I get in my seat and woah! The destination on the moving map was Tokyo! Then the PA came on and said we’d be flying to Tokyo. This is getting really weird. So most of the flight passed by and we were a few hours from Tokyo. I went and burned some time until we were an hour out of Tokyo. Then I checked the moving map display, and the destination had changed to Taipei. What? I was really confused, so I left the moving map and came back an hour out of Taipei and the destination had changed again, finally, to Hong Kong. We landed in Hong Kong like normal, but I was really confused.

20 Likes

Lol other than some drunk passengers, my flying experiences have been pretty smooth

*knock on wood

6 Likes

What the heck why would they even do that ? This is pretty gross but I was having my meal during my flight guy next to sneezes and tons of boiger snot was on his hand and I couldn’t eat for the rest of the day :)

1 Like

Call me a skeptic but…

18 Likes

I’m dead serious. I totally understand you because even I don’t know why anyone would do that.

2 Likes

Once I was in a Delta flight from KMSP - KSFO, and at sometime in the middle of the flight near the cruising altitude, I see the nav lights flash on and off and then I think I hear the landing gear drop down, but I wasn’t sure

2 Likes

Some stoners or something were preaching Jesus on my Southwest flight and when we started taxiing, they started filming people without permission. When we got to the runway, we taxiied in and then back out and made our way back to the gate where eventually, they brought them off the plane.

2 Likes

When I was on an Etihad flight from Doha to Abu Dhabi, during our initial climb our plane suddenly banked to the left at about 50 degrees. I don’t know what happened.

2 Likes

Kinda rude to just listen to music and ignore someone like that. Just saying.

1 Like

Don’t you think it’s kinda rude just to turn on music? :)

2 Likes

That’s a bit rude. Should have tried to politely end the conversation instead.

1 Like

Not sure if it qualifies. But I was flying HAM-OLB with Meridiana. At the TOD I believe, it felt like I was about to pass out. All suddenly out of nothing, it started to buzz in my head, and it started to feel like I was about to pass out - You know the feeling when you stand up too fast, just times 2 or so. I was rather confused, as I can’t really see what it would be other than an infect pressureration/pack issue.
My family who I was flying with felt it as well.

2 Likes

Well it’s Meridiana so…

2 Likes

So? They flies in Europe so they are pretty safe

2 Likes

They fly ancient MD-80s and 767-200s

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they have A320s and B737s.
If they weren’t safe, they wouldn’t be flying - remember that :)

1 Like

I’d probably say hearing THIS my first time flying on an A319.

Yeah I was confused to say the least.

10 Likes

On my way to Bermuda out o Boston on Eastern airlines. When we go close to Bermuda the pilot came over intercom and told us we were now flying in the Bermuda triangle. Then he said we will know in a few if we made it through then he laughed

5 Likes

This seems highly “unrealistic” if this were or ever did occur on a flight in my opinion.

1 Like

Nope it happened on Eastern airlines in the mid 1970’s what areas on would I have to lie about at the time everyone in the 727 just kinda laughed too

1 Like