Weird functions on the community

I’ve seen some functions on the community that I think are strange. When I checked my profile, there was a message button. It just make me think I was PM’ing myself. Why is there a PM button on myself profile? And another thing, why are people able to flag their own messages? I thought only other people can flag other people’s messages. Can somebody explain to me what are these functions for because I’ve been wondering for days.

You can flag your own messages and make a PM to yourself where you are included (and then can invite other people).

1 Like

Not a bug , i PM myself all the time to test out various things before i send them to people. It is also a great way to save important things…

10 Likes

I do the same xD

3 Likes

You can create a personal PM to yourself to test forum features. That way, if you screw up your post on the public forum (like make a faulty poll), you will be embarrassed. You may possibly even feel ashamed that you didn’t first test the feature.

6 Likes

This.

7 Likes

I use it for keeping lists of pilots and users for Plane & Pilot.

1 Like

I failed a poll once but I immediately edit it and turned back to normal. I think I agree with you here:)

1 Like

People aren’t messing up polls as much now since we have a poll maker.

4 Likes

But another question, are are people able to report and flag their own messages?

1 Like

Yes they are able. I’ve flagged myself before. Carson can confirm that. Lol.

4 Likes

I’m not sure about flagging one’s own messages, that’s a weird one to me. I have flagged one of my own posts so that the mods can close it.

1 Like

By the way, it seems half of the users changes their pictures😄🌇-🏰

1 Like

It’s for people like me without any friends. Needless to say I get many messages from some user called Infinite.Flight. We talk a lot.

6 Likes

Infinite.Flight is you. He’s a another user you’re telling? @SkyHighGuys?

I think he was joking.

1 Like

Here is one, and one I think needs to be changed. You can edit quotes, even the people who said them. You can tell I edited this one because there are only 3 characters and spaces on the user name. Weird!

Weird, right? (Just examples, these weren’t actually said by them.) Also, you can break the 10 character rule, but I’m not telling you guys how to 😉

6 Likes

Yes, finally:-D

Sarcasm at its finest