Weird camera glitch (can't move camera around)

OK so this has happened to me multiple times. For some reason at any random moment I all of a sudden can’t move the camera angles around in any mode, cockpit normal etc.

It is completely random and happens out of nowhere. I’ve attached 3 videos below so you can see what I mean.

I’ve never saw this happen to anyone else here, but has this sort of thing happened to you before or am I the only one?

Also in the second video I linked the time just goes insane when I went into it to see if I was in real world time. It only happened once in that flight and went normal again.

But I’ve never seen anything this weird before.

Video 1 shows how I can only zoom in and out even if I try to move around.

Video 2 shows that weird time glitch that I’ve never seen before

Video 3 shows after about half an hour of recording video 1 the camera just becomes completely locked and I can’t move at all.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/YIGtMLipqwo
Video 2: https://youtu.be/ug5InaEOTpo
Video 3: https://youtu.be/ENw-tUeO_gA

Hopefully anyone has help or tips on how to stop this from happening because it is very hard to use IF when this happens. I always have to do a visual approach when this glitch happens whereas if usually do an ILS.

Also the only way I know how to stop this is restarting IF but obviously I’m not going to do that when I’m in mid flight.

1 Like

When you are in cockpit view, could you try double tapping? This should re-centre the view. Let me know if that works (or thus if it doesn’t)

I tried doing that. It did not do anything.

1 Like

Hmm interesting. Does it fix itself when you restart the app?

It becomes normal again but I obviously don’t want to do that in the middle of a flight.

1 Like

Yes, of course. Let me have a think.

@Logan_Lee, what device are you using for this?

Maybe try closing that third party app you are using? It looks to appear on the screen and it would be better to disable this. Then see if this caused the issue? Make sure to restart your device after removing this.

1 Like

I use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro

1 Like

Oh ok, so there are no issues there with performance.

As @Kuba_Jaroszczyk mentioned, I see that you are using Infinite Flight Checklist. Try coming out of that, and restarting the device. Then tell me if it still happens. Sometimes using Third-party software can make this happen, or it may just take up too much RAM on your phone.

You make a valid point. Since this issue happens completely randomly I won’t know if the third party app is the issue, but I will take this into account for the next time it happens. @rebal15 @Kuba_Jaroszczyk

2 Likes

This happens to me with or without 3rd party app.

1 Like

Hmm interesting, I thought I was the only one

1 Like

Is this on iOS or Android?
What is your device?

1 Like

I use android, my device is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro, it won’t be the device that’s the issue. My phone Is completely capable of handling any app.

2 Likes

@Logan_Lee Don’t know if it’s relevant, but as mentioned 3rd party apps can interfere. I got this exact same problem going on, after trying out like 30 or 40 different possible explanations, I am pretty sure that for my case IF assistant is doing the glitches, yet I don’t know if you are using it or not. Here’s the thing: I am guessing that the “Shaky Cam” of if assistant is a little bit buggy, but I don’t quite understand how this happens, this can be disabled in the IF Assistant app, so you are able to use it as normal. Happy flying!

1 Like

Happened yesterday on my flight on final. All my camera view ls froze.

1 Like

We’re you using third party apps like In flight Assistant?

1 Like

That may be why but this glitch has happened to me before without In-Flight assistant

Okay then this is the point where I am out of ideas… :-)
Hope you get a solution soon!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.