Weird autopilot glitch that made me almost crash

So today I was doing a flight from EGLL (London) to LXGB (Gibraltar) in a BAW A320 (it was my first ever a320 flight online and I’ve had this sim for 4 years XD). As It was time to descend, I put the altitude from FL380 to 10k ft. As I adjusted the VS to pitch downward, the plane violently pitched up pulling about 3-4 G’s and was ascending at about 12000 FPM. Then the plane violently (again) shot downwards right after that, and I was descending at a rate of -16000 FPM, which probably knocked out all the passengers. But the worst part was, is that when I disengaged autopilot during the nose dive, I had no yoke control! (For up and down) and at this point, I had gone from FL380 to 290 in a matter of seconds. So what I decided to do is use the trim at 100% to pull the plane’s nose up, and it worked! But I had literally gone down from FL 380 to FL200 by the end of it. Can someone please explain what happened?

I have never seen this one before. Did you accidentally switch off the autopilot and did not have your device calibrated?

1 Like

That’s what I thought happened but no. Auto pilot was on the whole time.

Then I’m not sure what happened… that’s the only thing I can think of…

1 Like

At least the flight didn’t completely crash 😂

1 Like

Yep, I ended up landing safely, yet traumatized

2 Likes

Any passengers injured?😂😂

2 Likes

I’d say so, if they weren’t completely knocked out they would have been seriously injured by the sheer drop.

Yup, imagine what that would do to your body, going from 0FPM to 12kFPM then to -16k FPM in about like 10 seconds

1 Like

Yeah similar thing is happening to me. The autopilot and the appr on the A320 is all kinds of messed up at the moment. Hope they fix it soon.

2 Likes

I’ve had some freaky things happen to me in the A321 similar.

1 Like

I had this happen to me - I crashed but luckily it was during my Live Cockpit test flight on solo

1 Like

What was your cruise speed?

1 Like

Something similar happens to me sometimes in the A321. The plane just pitches up all off a sudden.

1 Like

i had a related glitch

1 Like

Mach .8 speed

It’s so weird…

Yes, it is…

1 Like

Yeah, they need to do something about this lol

They must know if it happens again first

1 Like