Weird 757 Takeoff

Hello, I hope I am putting this topic in the correct category.
Anyway, Whenever I fly the B757 It always wants to turn either left or right on takeoff, No matter what I do I can never have the plane go in a straight line on take off. I don’t know if this is a bug or not, or if I am doing something wrong. Advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

Just like my flight instructor says More right rudder 😃

7 Likes

Try taking off in solo with no wind.

2 Likes

What PineCone said, also, while on Solo, see if too much pressure on the nose is your issue. You might be applying too much forward pressure (tilting your device forward).

3 Likes

To add onto that, try some positive trim. It should also help to keep the centerline. :)

3 Likes

757 likes about 30 to 35% positive trim ;)

3 Likes

Ahhh, that could be it! I’m flying right now, but ill try that when I take off again

2 Likes

Okay!! That sounds like it will do the trick! Thank you !!!

1 Like

A previous answer somewhere in the forum to this very same problem was that the 757 has a very tall rudder in proportion to its body, than other aircrafts - which makes its yaw feedback to be very sensitive. So just imagine you’re about to take off with a yacht and expect to tame its yawing even before anything happens.

With that being said about the 757, I could never understand the Xcub tho…😂

2 Likes

Hey as some have stated this problem could be a caused by the weather if you can go into solo and turn all the weather settings off and attempt a take off. If it happens there I would upload that reply so the devs can take a look at what’s happening also. Make sure to recalibrate your controls before you fly it will make the controls better adjusted to how your siting.

Yes, That did work, I Turned the weather down and I calibrated too. it still wanted to veer to the right so i just keep tapping the rudder and I ended up getting a pretty straight takeoff

Since it was updated it acts more ‘realistic’. No aircraft will go down the RWY with wind and not need some correction from the rudder.

I normally put in 30-35% positive trim and try to make small corrections using the rudder.

I love flying the 757 since the update :)

Happy flying

3 Likes

One more thing, instead of tapping the Rudder, keep your finger on the rudder and slide it left, center, right as needed to maintain center line. Also, we forgot to point this out yesterday, there is a setting in General Settings that couples the ailerons and rudder, you could try turning this off and see how your takeoff roll is without out it enabled.

3 Likes

Okay, Awesome. I will be sure to try that out! thank you for your help! :))))

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.