Weekly Purge

I am proposing a weekly purge. Here is how this will work:

1. Each week, each qualified user is allowed to submit a single vote on voting day.
    i. The vote shall consist of the username of an active user. The vote may alternatively consist of a ‘null vote’ if the qualified user chooses not to vote for anyone.
    ii. The votes shall be collected in a method where each qualified user is allowed to submit only one valid vote.
    iii. A qualified user is to be defined as a sub-group of forum members based on activity, role or length of time since joining.This is to be determined and amended to these rules and regulations.
  2. The votes will be tallied at the end of the voting day and the user with the highest number of votes will be determined.
    i. There must be at least 10 votes for a single user to be considered to have the highest number of votes.
    ii. If no user has more than 10 votes, no action is to be taken until the next voting period.
    iii. If a Moderator or member of Staff have the highest number of votes, they should be removed from the list and exempt from further action although a review is encouraged.
  3. The user with the highest number of votes as defined above will be removed from the forum.
    i. Moderators and Staff are exempt from removal but a review is encouraged.
    ii. Moderators and Staff will be notified of the voting result for review prior to removal of the user. The notice shall not be less than 12 hours before the removal and not more than 12 hours after the voting period has ended.
    iii. If the user is determined to be a critical asset to FDS or the community, Moderators and Staff should review and notify the user. Removal action may be ceased and voided at this point if the user must remain on the forum.
    iv. If the Moderator and Staff review does not yield any concern, the user shall be removed from the forum. The method of removal may consist of permanent ban or suspension of not less than 30 days.

I propose that this be implemented on a weekly cycle.

This will encourage better behavior and positive community involvement. This is a revolutionary approach to quality and population management that will likely sweep across other online communities once effectiveness is proven.

I encourage all to offer suggestions to further improve this, but even more so encourage expedient implementation.

57 Likes

I think you should be removed for coming up with this suggestion 😂

59 Likes

I don’t think this should be done on a weekly basis. It should be done whenever the need arises. Great idea though.

6 Likes

You get my first vote😃

5 Likes

Thanks @AR_AR for finally finding a solution to our situation

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

IMO: should not happen mods have there jobs for a reason and decide on whos gone or not the system we have now works fine heres a link (not by me) why any form of a purge concept would not work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmr36AJm54

6 Likes

So you’re saying you want people to randomly vote for other people to get removed from this community? Am I reading this right?

18 Likes

4 Likes

Yes. That is correct.

3 Likes

IMO 30days is a little bit much. Let’s start with a 14 days ban

Let’s make it 20 for kids to feel ‘fair’

I absolutely agree to clean up the forums and give it a sweep

5 Likes

OK… Well this is an “idea”

3 Likes

It only happens once a week and affects one user max per period. Only active users here for a given amount of time can vote, so people cannot just make a bunch of accounts to vote. If you have the most votes, you must have at least 10 votes to be removed. It’s simple.

1 Like

It’s hardly fair come on!!

7 Likes

If you are worried about being voted off, you should think about how you post. :)

6 Likes

I think I would end up being scared by annoying anyone with my jokes that aren’t actually funny or my sarcasm.

5 Likes

This is pretty much a game of popularity, either in a good way or a bad way.

10 Likes

You need to annoy more than 10 (subject to change) to be worried.

2 Likes

2 Likes

You never know with me…

1 Like